My Sandisk V-Mate DVR won't stop recording

jj2me:

1. What is the firmware version you are using?  (It needs to be the latest, 02.07.ww.b8, which btw is likely to be the final version to ever be released).

2. I must admit I have only used the SD/SDHC full size card type, so I’m always pulling a memory card out and inserting another in the same slot – but I’ve never seen files displayed from the previous card, only from the current card.  May I ask the procedure you use from switching from one card to another that uses a different slot?

3. Can you say what Record Format device/code that you use for your Sansa Connect recordings?  Are the recordings placed in the memory card’s root directory, or does the V-Mate place them in a special sub-directory?

4. What is the largest size of the micro SD cards that you are having trouble with?

5. When you say “…recording will work.  The next time, it’s hit or miss”, can you clarify exactly what you mean by that?  For example, is the V-Mate having trouble using the newly recorded file or just the Sansa player or sometimes both?

6. Are you able to examine the directory contents of the card using a PC, and if so does anything look abnormal when you are having trouble?  Like zero recording file size sometimes?  What is a newly formated card’s total free space?  What is the typical full filenames that the V-Mate creates?  Are you more likely to have problems when you are making long recordings?