MobileMate SD+ (sddr-103) doesn't mount on mac

I did a search for this in the “readers” forum but didn’t see any appropriate threads.

I have a Macbook Pro, OS 10.6.6 (snow leopard), Intel core duo.  I’ve used this reader before (and with the same SD card) without problems under my previous operating system.  But now it doesn’t show up on the desktop…I’ve tried both USB ports. The light on the reader comes on, and the reader DOES show up in the USB pane of the system preferences.  However, I’m unable to get at it or the files.

I’ve tried downloading the only drivers that seem to be offered, from the SanDisk downloads area.  I’ve tried to use the app “mount me!” available through CNet.  Still no luck.

The SD card is fine though.  Just tried the card directly in another computer, and was able to access everything.

Anyone have any ideas, or is this MobileMate yet another piece of gear I need to get rid of? 

Thanks.

1 Like

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SDDR-103. MACBOOK PRO RUNNING OSX 10.6. DOESN'T RECOGNIZE THE DRIVE AT ALL. DOESN'T SHOW UP ON THE DESKTOP OR THE SIDEBAR AND NO LIGHTS ON THE DRIVE UNTIL I PUT IN A DISK. SINCE THE DRIVE DOESN'T SHOW UP, I CAN'T ACCESS THE DATA ON THE CARD.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE FROM SANDISK WOULD REPLY. SEEMS THEY SHOULD HAVE AN ANSWER.

I’m having the same issue. I just went through 4 SD cards without any problem. I then ejected the last card and the next card i inserted didn’t work and every card after. i wonder if it just burned out. I tried restarting the computer, inserting cards that I had already copied, etc, but nothing worked. What is the dealio?

Hi,

You need to have the card plugged in to your computer.  Just go to “My Computer”, find the card and right-click it.  From the drop-down menu you should see a choice to “Format…” or something like that.