Highlighted

All-in-one reader slow

I bought two brand-new 8-gig SanDisk UDMA cards advertising 60MB/s download speeds (the USB 2.0 spec) along with a SanDisk all-in-one reader. The download speed of my new reader advertises "up to 34MB/s transfer speeds". After much experimentation, the MAX speed I can see is 22-24 MB/s, and going through a USB 2.0 hub, drops to 12 to 14.

The highest speed is reachable only by connecting direct to my Dell Studio  laptop, Windows 7, 18-month old machine w/ USB 2.0 ports. Given that everything in the chain is rated minimum 34MB/s, where is my bottleneck? I am a tickler for getting products to perform as advertised. Yes, the new rig is faster, but I purchase 32 to 60MB/s products, and am only seeing MAXIMUM 24 MB/s speeds, and very frequently slower speeds.

How does this false advertising go down without a fight? Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: All-in-one reader slow

Can you download this Benchmark software and post screenshots here?

Highlighted

Sure...  this is the reading from a direct connection to a USB 2.0 port.  Never has there been a 34MB/s rate. 

Highlighted

OK, it's been a week, where's my answer?? 

Highlighted

Hello?  Why can I not get a reposne to this question?  I posted the benchmark test as requested, now you're ignoring me!!  HELLO?  ANYONE HOME!?