All-in-one reader slow

I bought two brand-new 8-gig SanDisk UDMA cards advertising 60MB/s download speeds (the USB 2.0 spec) along with a SanDisk all-in-one reader. The download speed of my new reader advertises “up to 34MB/s transfer speeds”. After much experimentation, the MAX speed I can see is 22-24 MB/s, and going through a USB 2.0 hub, drops to 12 to 14.

The highest speed is reachable only by connecting direct to my Dell Studio  laptop, Windows 7, 18-month old machine w/ USB 2.0 ports. Given that everything in the chain is rated minimum 34MB/s, where is my bottleneck? I am a tickler for getting products to perform as advertised. Yes, the new rig is faster, but I purchase 32 to 60MB/s products, and am only seeing MAXIMUM 24 MB/s speeds, and very frequently slower speeds.

How does this false advertising go down without a fight? Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?

Can you download this Benchmark software and post screenshots here?

Sure…  this is the reading from a direct connection to a USB 2.0 port.  Never has there been a 34MB/s rate. 

OK, it’s been a week, where’s my answer?? 

Hello?  Why can I not get a reposne to this question?  I posted the benchmark test as requested, now you’re ignoring me!!  HELLO?  ANYONE HOME!?

This is so sad even my friends they are complaining that sandisk is not giving their response.:dizzy_face: 

@bobbyray143 wrote:

This is so sad even my friends they are complaining that sandisk is not giving their response.:dizzy_face: 

Somehow I doubt this . . . if they are contacting SanDisk Tech Support directly. They are very responsive. Well, maybe not as responsive as they could be with e-mails, but they’re awesome over the phone.

_ This _ is a User’s forum. We do not always have all the answers. We are not formally trained. We do not get any pay for responding or trying to help others here. If one is not getting any response, they are not availing themselves of the excellent Search function for a simple question that’s been answered numerous time already, or no one has a solution.

At this point, that person should contact SanDisk for further assistance.