Accepted Solution

PC CARD 6-in-1 adapter and 8GB SDHC Ultra III

I have an  Sandisk PC CARD 6-in-1 adapter (SDAD-67 Part no 20-90-03038 it works whit 2GB and 1GB 133x SD cards, when i put in the Sandisk 8GB SDHC 133x card in the adapter windows xp finds new harware and tries to find the drivers for PCMCIA UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER whit out success, where can i download the Sandisk driver?. Sandisk is the manufacturer for both the PCMCIA card and the memory card i my case.

Message Edited by qdtkwil on 01-07-2009 02:42 PM

Re: PC CARD 6-in-1 adapter and 8GB SDHC Ultra III

I tested in Vista too, Vista finds the hardware: PCMCIA MTD-0002 but not the drivers, error message: contact the hardware manufacture (Sandisk) for how to install the hardware.

I have an  Sandisk PC CARD 6-in-1 adapter (SDAD-67 Part no 20-90-03038 it works whit 2GB and 1GB 133x SD cards, when i put in the Sandisk 8GB SDHC 133x card in the adapter windows xp finds new harware and tries to find the drivers for PCMCIA UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER whit out success, where can i download the Sandisk driver?. Sandisk is the manufacturer for both the PCMCIA card and the memory card i my case

that reader is not compatible with SDHC cards. the largest card you can use is 2 GB.

Thanks for the answer, do Sandisk have an PCMCIA adapter that supports SDHC, i cant find any on google.

BR

/Kent

no pcmcia is on its way out most everything is moving to express slots

Odd... I just won a SDHC 16 GB SanDisk Ultra II card... on the basis that this reader/adapter would work for it... (model labeled same as above) and has the following label on front... does that mean this won't work as SanDisk adversed? Is SanDisk mislabeling this adapter?

SDHC Compatible Reader/Adapter

Message Edited by staley on 05-03-2009 08:03 PM

BTW the model number just to be clear on the back label reads... SDAD-67

sdad-67 has never been a sdhc comptible device. can you provide links where it says otherwise?

Look at the label in the picture I put in my message. It has the SDHC Logo... this is exactly what is on the front of my SanDisk adapter... it wasn't a website, it was the actual adapter I am going off from. I wasn't going off from any specs or anything else... and the label is original to the adapter... and it's genuine SanDisk. This came from England... did a special model supporting SDHC get released outside the US?

it is possible they updated it somewhere other than the states but as far as i know it was end of life in the states for quite some time.