Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My Cruzer Profile cable broke off the USB connector. What is the wiring order to solder it back on?

If you break the Cruzer Profile cable that attaches to the USB connector, It can be soldered back on.

The wiring order is RED - WHITE- GREEN - BLACK

This is standard for USB connectors.

Check out this link.

http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

My Cruzer Profile cable broke off the USB connector. What is the wiring order to solder it back on?

Does the profile use a standard wiring to go between the fingerprint part and the flash drive portion? I've never torn one apart so I don't know for sure. Surely though they used different colored wires on the inside that you could just match them back up again. If they are not color coded try to hold up the wires together and see if you can tell which ones go to which. Wires usually stay in place so you can sometimes tell. Good luck.

The finger print reader, flash controller and memory are all encased in the same housing.

The cable goes from that housing to the USB Connector, which is in encased by itself.

The cable is color coded as defined in the previous post.

Re: My Cruzer Profile cable broke off the USB connector. What is the wiring order to solder it back?

This is definitely good to know!