I have a Cruzer Micro 4gb it works at work but not on my home computer

Does anyone know why it might not be working on my home computer? I also have a new 2gb Cruzer Slide and it also does not work on my home computer. I bought the 2gb to download my photos and it would be horrible if I could not even access my photos with it. Please help me if anyone can. I have XP.

Re: I have a Cruzer Micro 4gb it works at work but not on my home computer

Haveyou had problems connecting usb devices before?  See if it shows up with any errors in "Device Manager"

What happens when you insert your Cruzer Slide into your home PC?  What error messages do you get?

I have had problems, too!

I received a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB flashdrive from "Santa", but when I put it in my laptop, it locked the whole thing up. (Dell Inspiron 6000, with XP Pro, SP2)
When I took it to work, it worked fine, there (also XP, on a Fry's custom built clone) Took it home, after loading it with some files, and same thing, again. So I took it back to the office, and tried formatting it. It still worked great at work, after that, but at home, it still locks up the system.

In Windows Explorer, it shows up, but when I highlight it, to look at its contents, is when it freezes everything, without ever showing its content. I end up having to shut down, and when I restart, without it connected, everything is fine.

I'm guessing that there's nothing wrong with the flashdrive, since it works fine at work, and there shouldn't be any compatibility problems, since the OSs are the same. But I can't even look at it from my control panel, without locking up! Any ideas, anyone?

I have had similar problems with one I just purchased in the last few days, works on one computer and not on my Dell inspiron 1000 with XP.
any suggestions?

Other software that you have running may be trying to access the drive, causing it to freeze...

There seams to be another USB driver or something causing these issues and the stupid excuses of power or the sun shining in the wrong direction is wrong.

I have had a 4gb Cruizer working on a system and then through some sort of driver install (I think a digital camera) the identity and driver of the device can not be linked.

Now for somebody with half a brain how do I get it so the identity is removed from the OS is removed so I can redect from a "new" state.

Kraqule wrote:
There seams to be another USB driver or something causing these issues and the stupid excuses of power or the sun shining in the wrong direction is wrong.

I have had a 4gb Cruizer working on a system and then through some sort of driver install (I think a digital camera) the identity and driver of the device can not be linked.

Now for somebody with half a brain how do I get it so the identity is removed from the OS is removed so I can redect from a "new" state.

no need to be condescending to the users trying to help you here.

sounds like you need to do a full registry clean and reinstall. you should probably call sandisk tech support so they can walk you through how to do it correctly.

In many posts there were numerous inferences to users of the flash drives that there are issues with thier system that would cost the user money with the replacement of a power supply or the purchasing of a USB hub. In many posts there was a refusal to even acknowledge there was a windows/driver issue which is rather disturbing since over 90% of computing problems are software related and not hardware related.

What I do know of this situation:

1. When you disable USB V2 in your bios the problem of detecting the device disappears.

2. The problem seamed to arise either from a windows update or another USB device being loaded (Possibly a camera)

3. This is an issue with every brand of USB flash drive and cameras that use similar tech. I tried swapping brands of USB drives and a Konica camera and all had the same issues until I disabled the USB V2 in the BIOS.

4. All of these devices were working on the system as it was being loaded with Windows and stopped functioning either with the updates done to windows at the end or a driver installed after the initial installation.

Highlighted

Doc2626 wrote:
I have had problems, too!

I received a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB flashdrive from "Santa", but when I put it in my laptop, it locked the whole thing up. (Dell Inspiron 6000, with XP Pro, SP2)
When I took it to work, it worked fine, there (also XP, on a Fry's custom built clone) Took it home, after loading it with some files, and same thing, again. So I took it back to the office, and tried formatting it. It still worked great at work, after that, but at home, it still locks up the system.

In Windows Explorer, it shows up, but when I highlight it, to look at its contents, is when it freezes everything, without ever showing its content. I end up having to shut down, and when I restart, without it connected, everything is fine.

I'm guessing that there's nothing wrong with the flashdrive, since it works fine at work, and there shouldn't be any compatibility problems, since the OSs are the same. But I can't even look at it from my control panel, without locking up! Any ideas, anyone?

if your PC is freezing when the device is connected it is most likely related to a software conflict with the U3 partition on the device. check out this knowledge base article at u3.com to see if you have any of the applications that are know to have compatibility issues installed on your computer.