CruzerMicro USB 2.0 Flash Drive - copying pictures to flash drive

Good morning ~
Please excuse me if this is a silly question and I'm just doing something that I "can't" do, but I am very new with "flash drives."  I am trying to copy my pictures from the computer over to the flash drive, however, I get an error message saying that the CD-rom is a "read-only."  I am definitely trying to copy them to the flash drive, which is in my "e" drive, so I don't know how to get them from the computer to the flash drive.  When I copied them to another brand, it was as easy as hitting "copy this file" and then selecting the e drive.  Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Re: CruzerMicro USB 2.0 Flash Drive - copying pictures to flash drive

sounds like you have a u3 device. a u3 device has 2 partitions. a read only cd partition and a removable disk partition. try copying the files to the removable disk instead.

Thank you for your help.  I need to ask one more question....how do I do that?  I am so sorry if I don't sound that smart (for the most part, I am, but not with this).  This is driving me crazy because I know there is a way to do it!

here are some links to some helpful how to videos. 1 & 2

Message Edited by drlucky on 01-15-2008 04:34 PM

Thank you for all of your help!  I appreciate it!

Hiya Bonus,

Try this,  If your flash drive (FD , I like to use slang, lol)  is your  E:  , the right click on a file you want sent to the FD and when you right click, a menu will come up, go to "Send To" , and from that you should see an option for your FD........

Something else I have done to assist me in locating my FD faster, Locate it in "My Computer" ( for XP users)  Or just "Computer" (for Vista users) And Right Click on it and choose Properties and Give it a name...... then no matter what PC you use, It wall always come up the same name and you can find it :smileyvery-happy:

I hope this is of use to you

Your friendly neighborhood SanDisk addict.....lol

Lj

hello mr sandisk addict. 

maybe you can help me.  my computer recognize any fd but does not show in win explorer, but, iif i open Word or other apps.. the letter comes up as E.  is there a cure for this?

gracias

Can you still save to the flash drive?