Re: Cruzer freezes midway through copying files.

Try performing a disk check on your flashdrive then try to use the back USB port.

I am having this exact same problem on a new 16GB cruzer.  This drive is worthless and going back.  Running Windows 7, did the U3 uninstall, reformatted many times, still no go.  Attempted through my Windows XP SP3 box and no go.  Same with WinXP laptop on SP3.  I have tried every usb port with a reboot between each attempt.  It should not be this hard to use a plug and pray device.
Highlighted

Hi sirooga,

I do not know what your configuration is or whether or not the new cruzers present the option but if the option "Trust this computer" or some other some such option saving the signin data to the local computer exists then my first option would be to turn it off.

I FOUND QUITE BY ACCIDENT WITH NO HELP FROM SANDISK that if I check the dialog box that says "Trust this computer" then the problem appears.  If I UNCHECK OR DO NOT CHECK the box, i.e. if the dialog box is unchecked, then I have no problems.

I was one of the earlier posters (05-11-2008) searching for an answer and I have never received any substantial help from SanDisk.  Tis a shame to spend so much time and money on something then when one has problems the company seems to disappear in terms of support.  Of course they still keep the money. I hate to see so many people still struggling.!!!!