Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cruzer® Profile 1GB doesn't initialize under Vista Home

I've tried my Cruzer Profile under Vista Home Basic preinstalled on my notebook Samsung R20
when I try to run Unlock cruzer Profile option the following message pop-ups: Profile login cannot initialize application. Device not found (Code 0xe7210005)

I can use base disk but when I try to open encrypted disk Vista says I should format it before use.

CruzerLogin setup installed under Vista Home Basic without any problem .

Cruzer® Profile 1GB runs under WinXP flawlessly.
Message Edited by jc on 02-24-2008 01:42 PM
Message Edited by jc on 02-24-2008 01:43 PM

Re: Cruzer® Profile 1GB doesn't initialize under Vista Home

the cruzer profile is not vista compatible.

thanks, drlucky.

Do we hav to buy an other one???????   :mansurprised:

when can we expect an updated driver????   :smileysad:

@philemon wrote:

Do we hav to buy an other one???????   :mansurprised:

when can we expect an updated driver????   :smileysad:

I am pretty sure it will never work.  So unfortunately you will have to buy another device.

ok thank you, i bought Kingston's DataTraveler Secure , never again sandisk

The Profile works with Vista Home Premium.  Don't run the autorun feature (I actually renamed the "autorun.ini" to "autorun.bak" so it wouldn't run).  Just plug it in and once the drives are recognized scan your finger.  The drive is unlocked and you can access your information.  YOU HAVE TO INITIALLY SETUP THE DRIVE ON AN XP MACHINE AND SCAN YOUR PRINTS. After that it works in Vista.  It doesn't seem to allow you to register sites in Vista as you can in XP, but I can get at me secure files.

@ESQ wrote:
The Profile works with Vista Home Premium.  Don't run the autorun feature (I actually renamed the "autorun.ini" to "autorun.bak" so it wouldn't run).  Just plug it in and once the drives are recognized scan your finger.  The drive is unlocked and you can access your information.  YOU HAVE TO INITIALLY SETUP THE DRIVE ON AN XP MACHINE AND SCAN YOUR PRINTS. After that it works in Vista.  It doesn't seem to allow you to register sites in Vista as you can in XP, but I can get at me secure files.

No this DOES NOT work on VISTA. I resently fount one forgotten device in a store and bought it for 8€. OnXP it works fine. On Vista IT DOES NOT WORK (autorun or no autorun, used both).I did initialize it on XP. But then on Vistayou still get the same message"Cannot initializeapplication. Device not found."When you press details you get "Cannot initialize application. Code 0xe7210005 Device not found."

Please be careful when you say it works. Maybe you have a different system. I use Vista Premium En SP1 :smileysad:

OnSandisk web site I cannot even find information about this flash drive. as itnever existed. Sad. It was a good concept. It appears they never fount a work around. Now I guess it EOL EOS (end of life, end of support)

Solution! 

Amazing It actually works (sorry ESQ) on Vista. ..or allmost works. I found this on the net

Actually, it will work as a flash drive under Vista. As long as you register your fingerprints on an XP system you can use the drive in Vista. The software isn't required to unlock the drive. Just plug it in and scan your finger. It will unlock the drive and allow access. Also, while it is locked, if you try and browse the drive Windows will prompt you to format it. If you hit yes, it will look like it is formatting, but will fail. You can't erase or format the drive until it is unlocked with a fingerprint.

The software (called CruzerProfile.exe) found on the Unprotected partition which is executed to initialize the device and configure it (train it etc) WILL NOT WORK on VISTA. But the device it self works on Vista. Without seeing any program just put your finger on the device (sweep it as normal). And.. the protected partition will unlock (without any windows or program, indicating that).  

When you plug it DON'T format it, there is no need. Ignore the Vista message!!! Vista is seeing the protected partition and thinks it need a format.. Ignore it. You will unlock it soon by sweeping your finger on it!

If you want to use it on Vista

=> 1st initialize it on an XP (train it etc) and then

=> use it on Vista without the software, just sweep your finger it will unlock the 2nd protected partition.

PS. Vista not fully support it, but atleast you can make it work (you will allways need an XP to reconfigure it, so dont delete the software on the UNPROTECTED partition, actually take a back up as I think you cannot find it on the net anymore) 

Message Edited by keysmith on 06-03-2009 09:50 AM
Message Edited by keysmith on 06-03-2009 09:50 AM

I still won't recommend it since this drive is not made for vista. Although it somehow works, I still won't entrust my files on it using vista due to possible errors.