Accepted Solution

Cruzer Mini wants me to insert a disk

Hi folks,

I have a Cruzer Mini 1 Gb model SDCZ2-1024. I mistakenly left it plugged into a computer that I was installing WinXP into, and after the OS loaded the Cruzer now shows up in "My Computer" as "Removable Drive E" and when I try to open it a mesage pops up "please insert a disk into removable disk E". Under properties it shows a 0 bites.

I had several utilities and some photos and docs on it that I'd rather not lose...any suggestions on recovering them?

Thanks! 

Re: Cruzer Mini wants me to insert a disk

The Windows XP installer de-partitioned it.  Do a Google search for HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and download it and run it.  It should repartition it back and get it working again.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the utility, but it seems that it will only reformat the Cruzer, wiping out any data (if there is any left). The machine I'm on now is running Vista Biz and does not seem to have an fdisk command. Maybe I'll try on an XP machine to recover the partition.

Thanks again 

Highlighted

Once the partition has been erased the only thing you can really try is data recovery. Contact LC Technologies - Rescue Pro

They have an application that will let you see if it will even be able to recovery anything from the drive.