CRUZER MICRO 2GB PROBLEMS

i plugged my flash drive in and safely removed it after using it and now it doesnt work anymore.  when ever i to plug it in the light flashes for a second and then nothing happens.  nothing shows up on my computer when i plug my flash drive in.  i dont know what happened to it. 

maybe this will help; my flash drive was warm, but not hot after, i took it out. 

Re: CRUZER MICRO 2GB PROBLEMS

i dont know if it is broken or not

Have you tried your drive on another machine? 

Funny because the same exact thing happened to mine, it worked fine for about a month or so then stopped working. I would plug it in and the light flashes for a sec but doesint connect. I've tried it on several computers but with no luck. As far as i'm concerned it's in perfect condition and alot of important files are on it. Is there any way of fixing it?

Samething happened to mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFF

Someone **bleep**ing sue SanDisk and its flawful crappy USB's

Ours were working last week but all of a sudden three of the four stopped working.

My mothers 512MB Black Cruzer Micro

My 2GB Black Cruzer Micro

and my husbands 1gb Black cruzer micro.

My mothers and mine will not register at all on hers or my computers.

Although, on my husbands computer the light will come on for his flash drive but an error message pops up and says that a malfunction has occured.

The only one of the total 4 that works is my rather old clear 512MB cruzer micro that I purchased in 2004. Maybe SanDisk found a way to make the flashdrives cheaper and sacrificed quality for quanitity. *tisk*

All of our flashdrives have been tried on other computers with no luck. >_< 

I'm in good mind to write the company explaining the recent loss of important files, mine were pictures...irreplaceable memories. I have NEVER had a problem with SanDisk. I have SD cards for my cameras that have worked flawlessly. But I think I just might use another brand on my next flashdrive.

Message Edited by push9monkeys on 04-16-2008 08:19 PM

@push9monkeys wrote:

I'm in good mind to write the company explaining the recent loss of important files, mine were pictures...irreplaceable memories. I have NEVER had a problem with SanDisk. I have SD cards for my cameras that have worked flawlessly. But I think I just might use another brand on my next flashdrive.

Message Edited by push9monkeys on 04-16-2008 08:19 PM

the fact that people don't back up their irreplaceable files still amazes me.

if the devices are no longer recognized by any computer they will need to be replaced. if they are still within warranty i am sure sandisk will help you out. i have only had to deal with their support on 1 occasion but it was pretty painless. i would give them a call. pretty sure the number is 866-sandisk
Message Edited by drlucky on 04-17-2008 11:43 AM