CRUZER DETECTION ISSUES

I currently have observed at least 2 systems I have worked with having issues with the detection of the CRUZER's and almost any other kind of flash drive device or camera. The previously detected Cruzers and cameras simply show up in the device manager window under the USB devices as an unknown device.

What I do know of this situation:

1. When you disable USB V2 in your bios the problem of detecting the device disappears.

2. The problem seamed to arise either from a windows update or another USB device being loaded (Possibly a camera)

3. This is an issue with every brand of USB flash drive and cameras that use similar tech. I tried swapping brands of USB drives and a Konica camera and all had the same issues until I disabled the USB V2 in the BIOS.

4. All of these devices were working on the system as it was being loaded with Windows and stopped functioning either with the updates done to windows at the end or a driver installed after the initial installation.

I would like to find a real solution to this as the speed of the 2.0 USB standard is alot faster.

Re: CRUZER DETECTION ISSUES

Hey there Kraqule,

I see your issue here and I was wondering, what are your OS Specs? I might be able to help you out with this issue.

Thnx

Lj

I'm also curious, Kraqule--what OS are you using?

How do you disable the V2 in your bios.  I am having the same trouble where it says that my drive has malfunctioned and cannot be read though it just read earlier in the day.  I do have an ipod which could be conflicting.  Any instructions on how to disable the bios would be greatly appreciated.

Re: CRUZER DETECTION "Found New Hardware"??????

I have had problem with two USB devices in the past two months.   Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive 2.0 and A Photo Key Chain purchased from QVC.  When both devices are plugged in the following is all that happens:

"Wizard Helps you install new hardware, if hardware came with software install now,Install from software automatically or install from a specific location."

There is no software for either of these two products so it is impossible to get them to work.  I have WINDOWS XP.  And, have had problems with JVC video camera.  P.S. the only USB device that works from all USB ports is my XD Picture Card.  I had know problems with that working.

Please help---this is making me crazy--both the Cruzer FLash Drive and Photo Key CHain work on a friends puter.  Plug them in and they immediately appear on desktop and are instantly functional.

Thanks, Collz 

Have you resolved this?  How?  I am having same problem.

@collz wrote:

P.S. the only USB device that works from all USB ports is my XD Picture Card.  I had know problems with that working.

I didn't know you could fit an XD Picture Card into a USB port or that it was a USB device for that matter. :robotsurprised:
Highlighted

@Noe_Boddi wrote:

@collz wrote:

P.S. the only USB device that works from all USB ports is my XD Picture Card.  I had know problems with that working.

I didn't know you could fit an XD Picture Card into a USB port or that it was a USB device for that matter. :robotsurprised:

I'm sure he's talking about his usb card reader.