Accepted Solution

I had an idea for a product that I think Sandisk should make.

I want a digital picture frame. Not just any kind of digital media frame that has a paltry amount of features; I want the kind of picture frame that says, "I bothered to pay this kind of cash for this thing and it works just how I want it to work!"

I have a Sansa Fuze and laugh myself sick thinking about the fools who actually paid money for their Ipod nanos and micros and crap. They'll learn that lesson hard ... or not ... while I jam out to the best music I can rip and store. Boy oh boy, somebody actually thought to give us the ability to just drag and drop media?! They must be crazy. Or smarter. And I think you all agree that Sandisk is a smarter kind of product.

Digital picture frames are expensive and difficult to keep from breaking because LCD is about as durable as a sugar cookie. Pad the thing up right and the screen can survive most falls and jars. Wrap it up with customizable frame bases that can be mixed and matched and boom, you have a digital frame that shows the images you have inside it. Now mate that idea up with Sandisk's really efficient, highly reliable, hyper dense memory storage and: KABLAM! You have a digital picture frame that can hold more than 12 or 25 images. Now, utilize the friendly drag and drop functionality of Sandisk's previous file display/play feature and you can do almost everything short of make that digital picture frame make bread. Give it a clock, an alarm feature and a sensible picture program that lets you set up timers and file folders available to be looked through on demand and believe it or don't, you have a product I can safely guarantee I could pay $300.00 for and not shed a tear. Lets call it: The SanDisk Collage, or Sandisk En Scene (with that little flag thing above the first e because it's French and looks fancy).

I think Sandisk could greatly profit from such a product. Sandisk doesn't exactly need another product to boost sales since their reliable media storage devices are already sought after in the digital media production market, to which I belong, but hey, I can't build the thing myself. If I could, I would have done it and never bothered to post this. If Sandisk takes the time to create the product and it's not too expensive, I would happily buy the product and insist on its purchase for everybody in the market for a versatile digital media frame. Come on, nobody else is going to put in the time and effort to build a better one than you could.

See what you think of that Sandisk. I'm going to download more songs for my Sansa Fuze. Keep on jamming!!!

Re: I had an idea for a product that I think Sandisk should make.

I was given a digital frame for xmas last year, and it does everything you just described plus video & a very cool energy-saver feature plus can take up to 5 diff types of storage cards/sticks.  But its made by Pandigital and you dont even need a computer to set it up.  Its own storage capabilities holds up to 149 pictures, and its a very-good quality display.  Audio's pretty good too.

What a shame that Sandisk is or should be spending their time on fixing their 'reliable' storage devices so that they work as advertised instead of investing time to replicate what someone else has already made.  It seems to me that sandisk is probably already making a tidy profit on products that need replacing yearly (if you're lucky it doesn't break-down sooner).

What exactly is the maximum warranty/guarantee for sandisk products???

Re: I had an idea for a product that I think Sandisk should make.

FlashinthePan wrote: 

It seems to me that sandisk is probably already making a tidy profit on products that need replacing yearly (if you're lucky it doesn't break-down sooner).

What exactly is the maximum warranty/guarantee for sandisk products???

Lifetime warranty for the professional stuff. If sandisk was replacing products continuously like you suggest wouldn't that mean they aren't making any money?