Accepted Solution

File Recovery

Recovered some jpegs from an extreme 4 8 GB...looked like all was good until I opened them ....they are 6 MB each on the HD, but only open as 160x120 72 dpi...56k low res images???  Anyone seen this before and if so, is there a solution for recovery of high res images?  Tnx

Re: File Recovery

What type of software did you use? Rescue Pro?

Recovery softwares only retrieves what is seen on the drive. If the file is already corrupted, then it shows you corrupted images as well. If resolution is different, then that was what the camera wrote to the memory card.

Hi Chux, the file recovery software is Rescue Pro, it recovered all 1500 images (7 GB)...the jpegs are approx 6 MB each which is the correct size for lrg fine jpegs from that camera body (Canon 1D MK II N). On my HD they appear as 6 MB files, however they display as 56K files (160 x 120). I'm certain that the files were recorded as high res by the camera 3504 x 2336...I double checked the camera settings...also 7 GB of data does not correspond to 1500 low res images...strange huh?

Maybe the makers can shed light to that problem. Visit them at www.lc-tech.com and/or http://lc-tech.com/company/contactus.html

hi buddy, did you purchased it online ? or you are just using the free downloaded version. As in the downloaded version, you only get the preview of your recovered files in a thumbnail view. So you have to get full version for any card recovery software and purchase it online.

Message Edited by jamsbrown85 on 12-17-2009 01:59 AM
Highlighted