microSDHC card problem - not reading

I have a 16 GB Sandisk microSDHC card for my Sansa Clip+ 8 GB player. I have downloaded music from my computer to the card, but when I put the card in the Sansa Clip it doesn’t recognize it. If I go to System Settings/Info it registers as  SD 0 MB. Any ideas of what I can do?

Is this the same card/player you posted problems with here 4 1/2 years ago? Were those problems ever resloved?

Just to cover all bases, the card is inserted all the way into the player, right? There is a spring-loaded mechanism in the card slot. You have to push the card in until it clicks, past the outside casing in most instances, using your fingernail. Pushing it again (until it clicks) releases it and the spring pushes it out.

Assuming the files you put on the card are supported formats (and the card is in all the way), it sounds like the problem may be with the player. If you have another card, try it in the Clip+. If it isn’t seen either, then the card slot/reader in the player is faulty.

Thank you!! No, this was a different issue than the one 4 years ago, which never got resolved. And you’re right, I didn’t have the card in all the way this time. Would have been nice if the Sansa manual had provided as clear a description as you have about how to get the card in all the way. But I’m all set, many thanks.

ou might try formatting using the SD Association’s Formatter tool–it can handle many issues.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/