Ultra micro SD card 64GB has only 1MB

I bought a new micro 64GB SDcard from Amazon.

In my device i only see 1MB???

i have tried on several devices.

Can anyone help me?

SDSDQU-064G mobile ultra C10/U1 card+ adapter ScanDisk

Regards

Sille

I just received the same product with the exact same issue.   …Defective?

Is the device you are trying to use it in SDXC compatible?

Hi, in my case the first device I used was my Win7 pc to check the card.    It immediately asked to format a raw card.   I clicked cancel  to back out of the windows format.  Then, I used SDformatter 3.1 to try and format the card and now it reads the card as 1mb.   

I too am having the exact same problem, I received mine as a gift, went to load it up, 1MB, I have tried in 4 different readers as well as multiple tablet devices that do support the size and type of the card…what am I supposed to do with 1mb. It will not even hold an MP3. 

Help Sandisk!,

Chris W

Return it as defective. If past your dealer’s return window, contact SanDisk directly.

I had a problem with a 64 GB SDXC card yesterday. It’s capacity showed as “1 MB” on all devices and showed both “NO SD” and “SD ERR” in my GoPro Hero 3+ Black (v3.0.0). I tried formatting using a computer (Win 8) with diskpart.exe as well as other reformat tools. No luck. I then plugged it back into my GoPro and tried reformatting it on there (settings>erase>erase all/format). This seemed to fix the problem and it now recognized it as a 64GB card on my devices and functions normally. 

That said, there seems to be no way to recover any data on the card. This needs to be addressed by SanDisk however I have not yet gone through the hassle of contacting them. 

HI

@sille wrote:

I bought a new micro 64GB SDcard from Amazon.

In my device i only see 1MB???

i have tried on several devices.

Can anyone help me?

SDSDQU-064G mobile ultra C10/U1 card+ adapter ScanDisk

Regards

Sille

This same exact thing happened for me, at first I thought that it was a defective card, but I found a solution.

UPDATE: So it turns out my USB card reader was causing the problem in the first place, the cards were not coming from the factory in that condition, but the solution still works if you are having this issue with your microSDXC card so read on if you are experiencing this. Also consider the possibility that your card reader is breaking the card.

Scroll to the bottom to skip the story and read my solution.

Here is the story: I grabbed a SanDisk microSDXC card that I had laying around for some time and popped it into my computer (Windows 10 Ver. 1803, fully updated as of 8.8.18) and it immediately told me to reformat the card. After re-formatting it the capacity was only registering as 1MB. I used diskpart in the command prompt to clean the card and re-format it and that didn’t work. Then I used Disk Management to re-format the card and that didnt work. 

So at this point I’m thinking that my card is defective, so I run to Best Buy and get another one (same specs, microDSXC 64GB). I get home and pop it into my PC again and I get the exact same problem.

Now I’m thinking what the heck am I doing wrong, is there something wrong with my PC? So I grab my macbook and pop the card in that, it can read the card but its still only registering a capacity of 1MB. I open up Disk Utility and erase/re-format the card and the operation fails for FAT32 and for exFAT.

… WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

Finally I tried putting the card into my camera (Canon EOS Rebel T5) and the first thing that it says when I turn it on is “Card Full”, so I go to the settings and perform a format with the “Low Level” option selected. After the format the card works in the camera and it shows its full 64GB capacity, but when I put it back into the computer it said the capacity was 0KB. So I format it again in my MacBook using exFAT and it finally worked. Put it into my computer and it works as expected.

Solution:

_ Put the card into a camera, and use the cameras format option via the settings to perform an initial format, and then format it one more time on your computer. I don’t know if the model of camera matters but I used a Canon EOS Rebel T5, and I used a MacBook running OSX HIgh SIerra perform the second format. _

_ I hope this works for you, good luck! _

Use a different card adapter.

Had 2 64gb cards reading as 1mb in a card adapter in pc running win7

Switched the card adapter, reformatted, problem solved

Bottom line, card adapter broken or out of date for type of card

Try using this program: SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association. This fixed it for me.