Sandisk Ultra 64gb MicroSD Wont format.

Tale of woe about 64gb MicroSD cards.

I love these things and have five of them but they don’t seem to take repeated formatting very well.  After being satisfied with my first three I bought two more from Best Buy.  Neither of them worked and Best Buy exchanged them.

One of them worked okay until I formatted it for the third or fourth time, then it failed.  The other didn’t work at all.

I contacted SanDisk and got one of them replaced.  It worked.

Then SanDisk replaced the second.  It too worked.

I cannot now tell which card is which, but I the other day I reformatted one a couple of times and it stopped taking a format.  Every time I tried it seemed to get worse.  After a couple of failures I tried other formats than exFAT, with no luck.  I tried another formatting tool which usually works but it too failed.

As I said above, I have five cards now.  Only one of them remains bad and I’m hoping that what a previous writer said is true - that there was a bad batch - because other than this string of issues, I have had great experiences with SanDisk products.  I’m almost embarrassed to ask for another replacement but although the price is reasonable, $65 is just too much to let it go. 

Imagine, $1.00 per gigabyte of storage!  On a card smaller than my thumbnail!  Outstanding!  If they become more reliable I’l be picking up at least two more.