Sandisk Ultra 64GB can't be formatted or permanently altered

I have exactly the same problem. Used in Samsung Galaxy S4. Using the phone / files app, I can manually delete everything (except for the android.secure. folder). Then, dismount the card and remount the card and everything is back. I can delete everything and then put it into a computer and everything is there. Windows 7 pro cannot format the card (error: Windows was unable to complete the format) or run chkdsk on the card (chkdsk /f). It says it is corrupt:

ERROR:

The type of the file system is exFAT.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process.  Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first.
ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID.
Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N) y
Volume dismounted.  All opened handles to this volume are now invalid.
Volume Serial Number is 3932-6630
Windows is verifying files and folders…
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.
An error occurred while recovering lost files.

The SD Card Formatter cannot format it as well. If I right click a file on the card, there is no delete option in the pop-up menu like there is for normal files. It is almost like it is write protected in that sense. However, after setting the write protect switch on the memory adapter, then windows gives the message that the memory card is write protected. So, even when the card is not write protected, files cannot be written to the card. Files cannot be deleted. The card cannot be formatted.

Has anyone found a solution or no what is happening with this? I do not want to throw it away as it has “my information” on it.