Sandisk Ultra 64GB can't be formatted or permanently altered

@gt90v12 wrote:

Makes me wonder if government has dictated a requirement that flash media also have this capability? Everything I’ve done to thisSDCard should have permanently wiped the drive.Partion, volume and sector level data. My data permanently archived to the card all cause my Note 3 cooked itself a few times in my car dock all day as I ran service calls?

There is no government conspiracy here. What you are describing here only means the card locked into a write protected mode. This is done to prevent any data loss if the card controller detects an issue with the card. It is better to lock the card in a write protected state and still give you access to the data than to allow the card to fail preventing access to the data. 

If the card is in a write protected state it will need to be replaced. Just backup the data and contact sandisk support for a replacement. This happened to me once before but I had personal data on the card and I did not want to send the card back for replacement. I contacted sandisk support and they allowed me to break the card before i sent it to them for replacement so data recovery would not be possible. 

If you have this issue simply contact sandisk support and they should replace the card for you.