Sandisk CF Extreme 64gb not seen by Windows 10

_Hi Sandisk

I have a Sandisk CF Extreme 64gb (UDMA 7 120MB/s) card I got not long ago. I have just used it one time in my Canon camera. It works fine in the camera and I can transfer it via camera to computer but when I use it in my cardreader via USB it cannot be seen or accessed by Windows 10.

It seems the card is formatted with DCF file format which is not a standard Windows format. Im not sure if this has been done by factory default or if it’s an error. I have never experienced a card being with this format before and my camera cannot change the format to any standard FAT32 or NTFS formats which Windows10 can read.

I have been told by Sandberg (my cardreader company) that they have problems with this CF 64GB Extreme card so I’m not sure what to do about my problem with Windows 10 not being able to access it.

I have read on Microsoft forums that the DCF format should be accessablevia Windows 10 Build 1511, but my current update is Build 1809 so it should have been fixed if this is correct.

Do you have any suggestions or solutions? Maybe a workaround or knowledge if this is a general problem with this card?

Best regards

Martin Cichos_

@cichos wrote:

I have been told by Sandberg (my cardreader company) that they have problems with this CF 64GB Extreme card so I’m not sure what to do about my problem with Windows 10 not being able to access it.

Card readers are pretty cheap. Why not try a different one?

Well if it’s a problem with the card that it uses DFS file format if it cannot use i.e FAT32 any new cardreader will not be able to see it either when using it on Windows 10 but I can try if I can find one and test it on.