SanDisk Extreme 32 GB 45MB/s, fake?

I recently purchased a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC UHS-I 45MB/s class 10 Card - SDSDX-032G from a US based seller on ebay, here’s a link to the item in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400509714559

… and I noticed it DOESN’T have the SanDisk logo imprinted on the back, just a serial number printed above the Made In China text that reads BM1224222025G, along with a faint imprint of what looks to be a capital R.

I have no current means of testing the r/w speeds available to me as I only own a cheap SD to USB plug-in peripheral (that $3 went faaaaar!) which would naturally limit any tests performed on it with programs on my PC.

All I really know currently is that my H2testw results are as follows…

30416 MByte written, 30416MByte Verified

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 11.5 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Here’s a pic of the back that has me so concerned.

The front looks perfect so there’s no need for a pic of that.

Anyone have any insight into all of this?

Hello,

It has the letter R on the back side so its refusbished so its not authentic.

Thanks for the reply!

According to SanDisk (who I also messaged) it “seems to be authentic”, but then another problem arises from the fact that the seller never advertised it as such.

Yes it is or better it was an authentic one but later on the product was refurbished that means that a maufacturer took the card and made some changes so it can be work again but that means that changes were made not by SanDisk so the warranty wore off by this point. So you cant ask for a replacement by SanDisk.

I hope it helped you a bit.

Don’t think you are correct.

Refurbished products are mostly(9/10)products that where send back trough RMA under warranty. Reasons could be anything from malfunctioning to a little scratch in the paint as a matter of speech.

Then evaluation is worth for repair or not. Fixed and back on the market as “refurbished” or in some cases “certified as new”

For all i know and from my own experience is still many  companies  have it’s own department for these kind of products. Or they have contracted another company for handling this(this company still has a set of rules and standards they must follow while handling the product). Either way, the product is still Authentic.

Warranty on refurb varies from 0-6 Months. Depends on product/manufacturer/retailer.

@clicks

You should try and get your money trough ebay Buyer Protection <— 

Incase you are not satisfied with the product, because it isn’t as the seller described it on ebay (scam/fraud). 

And i believe that card is 1 or 2 generations in the past based on those numbers.

This is just the reason why i don’t buy these kind of products on ebay.

Rather pay $10 more in a hardwareshop that  has relations with the company. Just to avoid these kind of situations.

I sure hope the outcome for you is good.

Gl with it.