Re: My Ultra 64gb card seems to have died.

I had the same issue happen last night.  NYE!  Recorded tons of video on my GoPro Hero 3+ black great stuff with my pole did selfies here in Miami.  Then battery died, put in a new one and whammo, NO SD.  popped in a new SD card and was able to at least get the countdown.  Of course, I had to run to Walgreens to get the SD card (lucky there was one close by)  got back to the festivities with 10 mins left till 2015.

Today I have been working all day on trying to recover the earlier video from my 64gb micro Sandisk SD and nothing so far.  I have purchased two recovery software programs.    Amazing Mac Any data recover failed (50).  While it recoverd the video files there was nothing but black and no sound.

Right now using Jihosoft Photo Recovery software ($50).  That didn't work either soI will just run diskutil on my mac and try a repair.

Will also reach out to support if that doesn't work either just to see what they have to say, but I'm probably done with Sandisk at this point.  Too many people with the same issue.

Disk Utility brought the SD card back to life, but most files not visible.  Will now run JihoSoft recovery tool once again, now that the repair seems to have fixed the header of the SanDisk.  Stay tuned.

Ok, recovery not happening.  If you guys haven't done so already, check the gopro site for recommended cards.  The ultra has been removed from the site.  Only the extreme from sandisk and the 633x from lexar are recommended.  

Just ordered 32gb lexar 633x which has a transfer rate of 95mb/s.

Seems all our troubles are due to these cheap cards.

Can anyone else confirm that this has been their issue all along?

My card died as well. Sure would be nice if SanDisk cared enough to give a response to one of the hundreds of people here that have lost data

SanDisk Guru

@Corrupted wrote:

My card died as well. Sure would be nice if SanDisk cared enough to give a response to one of the hundreds of people here that have lost data

Hundreds? I doubt it.

As far as your 2nd comment . . . I can only respond by saying SanDisk spends a great deal of money providing a Tech & Customer Support Center via phone, e-mail and Live Chat services for those having problems with their products, as well as providing SanDisk KnowledgeBase articles.

This isn't it.

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

This is.

I had a problem with a 64 GB SDXC card yesterday. It's capacity showed as "1 MB" on all devices and showed both "NO SD" and "SD ERR" in my GoPro Hero 3+ Black (v3.0.0). I tried formatting using a computer (Win 8) with diskpart.exe as well as other reformat tools. No luck. I then plugged it back into my GoPro and tried reformatting it on there (settings>erase>erase all/format). This seemed to fix the problem and it now recognized it as a 64GB card on my devices and functions normally. 

That said, there seems to be no way to recover any data on the card. This needs to be addressed by SanDisk however I have not yet gone through the hassle of contacting them. 

Thank you  it's working for me to... lost some space on my card 58Gb on a 64GB initial card, but it's work

Nick2000

Highlighted
SanDisk User

the best solution is this

http://www.storagereview.com/samsung_pro_plus_microsd_memory_card_review

as sandisk does not disclose info on what is in their premium SD cards, it seems very unlikely that they contain tier 1 MLC nand. for the said application here, the endurance of MLC and a premium controller are of huge benefit. Both Transcend and Samsung disclose which cards are mlc and which are tlc...for this type of use, mlc ftw