Memory pig new 64GB card.

I transferred 7GB of data from my old 8GB card (Fat32) to my new 64GB (exFat) card.  On the new card the 7GB of transferred data appeared to be taking up 20GB of space!?!?!?!   Anyone happen to know why?  Thanks

What is telling you the files are now consuming 20GB of space, your computer or a device (camera, mp3 player, etc.)?

Both my phone and my computer when the card was removed and in a reader.

Is the phone AND the card reader SDXC compatible? Not all are.

As far as I know Tapeworm, it is a Galaxy Note 2 and the card is working fine in it. My concern is that 7GB of data somehow became 20GB when transferred to another card. Perhaps because of exFat?

I appreciate your help in this matter.

:smiley:   Hola Lostpost,

Estimado miembro de la Comunidad SanDisk, bienvenido.

Bueno, amigo, realmente es un caso curioso, gracias por plantearlo en la comunidad.
Por favor, probaremos lo siguiente:
1-     Antes que nada, hacemos una copia de todo el contenido de su microSDHC de 8GB, a su portátil (carpeta-backup).
2-     Luego, ponemos en la portátil, a la microSDXC de 64 GB, en el puerto-card directamente, con un adaptador de calidad ( no un genérico, ojo).
Entonces, revisamos: ver en “Propiedades”, qué capacidad tiene usada, qué capacidad tiene libre , y si hay “algo raro”, etc.
También revisamos, los archivos que tiene (20GB), si hay archivos duplicados, si los archivos abren bien, etc.
Si sigue “todo raro” (supongo que se corrompió, la tabla de archivos durante la transferencia), hacemos lo siguiente:
3-     Le damos formato, en exFAT, luego vemos en "Propiedades" si tiene una capacidad de ~59GB, lo que indica que está bien.
4-      Finalmente, le copiamos, la carpeta-backup de 7GB, que tenemos en la portátil.
        4.1-   Vemos, si está todo bien: disfrutar.
        4.2-   Si sigue mal: la devolvemos, por que es defectuosa, y no sufrimos más.

Suerte, y luego nos cuentas, qué pasó, por favor.

Saludos, Alfred.

---------------------

_:_smileyhappy:   Hi Lostpost,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Well friend, it really is a curious case, thanks for raise it in the community.
Please we will test the following:
1-     First of all make a copy of the entire contents of your microSDHC 8GB, to your laptop (backup-folder).
2-     Then, put on laptop, to microSDXC 64 GB, in the port-card directly, with a quality adapter (not a generic, eye).
Then, we review: see “Properties” which has used capacity, that has free capacity, and if there is “something weird”, etc.
We also review the files you have (20GB), for duplicate files, if the files open fine, etc.
If you follow “all weird” (I guess corrupted, the file table during transfer), do the following:
3-     We give format, in exFAT, then see “Properties” if you have a ~ 59GB capacity, indicating that it is okay.
4-     Finally, we copy the backup-folder 7GB, we have in the laptop.
       4.1-  See if all is well: enjoy.
       4.2-  If remains ill: the we return it, because it is defective, and we suffer no more.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                
(Google translated)

:smiley:   Hola Lostpost,

Bueno, amigo, realmente es un caso curioso, gracias por plantearlo en la comunidad.
1-     Antes que nada, hacemos una copia de todo el contenido de su microSDHC de 8GB, a su portátil (carpeta-backup).
2-     Luego, ponemos en la portátil, a la microSDXC de 64 GB, en el puerto-card directamente, con un adaptador de calidad ( no un genérico, ojo).
Entonces, revisamos: ver en “Propiedades”, qué capacidad tiene usada, qué capacidad tiene libre , y si hay “algo raro”, etc.
También revisamos, los archivos que tiene (20GB), si hay archivos duplicados, si los archivos abren bien, etc.
Si sigue “todo raro” (supongo que se corrompió, la tabla de archivos durante la transferencia), hacemos lo siguiente:
3-     Le damos formato, en exFAT, luego vemos en "Propiedades" si tiene una capacidad de ~59GB, lo que indica que está bien.
4-      Finalmente, le copiamos, la carpeta-backup de 7GB, que tenemos en la portátil.

Saludos, Alfred.

---------------------

:smiley:   Hi Lostpost,

1-     First of all make a copy of the entire contents of your microSDHC 8GB, to your laptop (backup-folder).
2-     Then, put on laptop, to microSDXC 64 GB, in the port-card directly, with a quality adapter (not a generic, eye).
Then, we review: see “Properties” which has used capacity, that has free capacity, and if there is “something weird”, etc.
We also review the files you have (20GB), for duplicate files, if the files open fine, etc.
If you follow “all weird” (I guess corrupted, the file table during transfer), do the following:
3-     We give format, in exFAT, then see “Properties” if you have a ~ 59GB capacity, indicating that it is okay.
4-     Finally, we copy the backup-folder 7GB, we have in the laptop.
       4.2-  If remains ill: the we return it, because it is defective, and we suffer no more.

Regards, Alfred.                                                
(Google translated)

:smiley:   Hola Lostpost,

Saludos, Alfred.

---------------------

:smiley:   Hi Lostpost,

1-    First of all make a copy of the entire contents of your microSDHC 8GB, to your laptop (backup-folder).
2-    Then, put on laptop, to microSDXC 64 GB, in the port-card directly, with a quality adapter (not a generic, eye).
3-    We give format, in exFAT, then see “Properties” if you have a ~ 59GB capacity, indicating that it is okay.
4-    Finally, we copy the backup-folder 7GB, we have in the laptop.

Regards, Alfred.                                                
(Google translated)