Memory card not deteced by mobile or computer.

I have a 2 gb sandisk memory card. it came in a pack with two different sized adapters that the memory card can slip into, depending on what size is compatible with your computer (i did not know that this is what you do with the memory card). i was keeping the tiny memory card in my phone (LG choc 8500), while plugging the charger cord (which doubles as the usb cable) into my computer. alas, that did nothing. more frustration–thinking it must be that i don’t have the right “software” to run to access my photos and doing many searches for the “right” software solution… then the discovery with inserting the memorycard into the adapter (on my laptop, it’s at the front below the touchpad-very sly sneaky place). then, after, again, nothing happening, searching forums on other lost memory card-ers, i discovered that there is a very tiny “switch” on the left of the adapter, next to the “S” on sandisc, that must be flipped down in order to “work,” or grant photo/media access. a prompt came up on my screen asking me to choose which program to run/open the photos on (for me, it was windows media center), and to my relief, all my photos were there! i hope this helps.

I have a couple of ideas…

1. Check your mobile phone and computer are both compatible (though they should be…,)
  2. Clean the micro sd card
  3. Make sure its properly inserted
  4. Turn it the other way round

:smiley:

@nayan007 wrote:

1. Turn it the other way round

Are you serious? The cards will only go in one way.

2 Likes

umm… what is the name of the windows program u mentioned in that first post u made on this topic? i really need it.

umm. . . who r u addressing and what windows program are u referring to? in looking back, i don’t see any program mentioned and there’s 7 other people who have posted in this thread.

1 Like

hi sir my new mobile micro sd tm card is not format  and not open by mobile and compture

1 Like

@ravinder wrote:

hi sir my new mobile micro sd tm card is not format  and not open by mobile and compture

All memory cards come formatted from the factory.

Hey there, I don’t know if this is the right thread but it seems so…

Got an HTC HD2 with a micro SDHC 4Gb which was working excellent until… today. After I removed the card (just without a reason) and put it back again, the phone is prompting me to format it in order to be able to read it. If I try to read it in my netbook (windows 7), it’s not appearing at all in “my computer” folder and in my XP laptop getting a prompt “disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”. I have lots of info in it and I hope there is a solution. Thanks a lot.

The same thing happened to me this morning.  I have a Droid X.  This morning a notification came up that the SD card is blank.  Everything was fine when I went to bed last night.  I hope there is a solution to retrieve the data on the card.

MEMORY CARD 8GB NOT FORMATED COMPUTER AND MOBILE

Dear sir ,

Memory card is not detected in mobile but it is running in computer with showing data files  by card reader.

so tel me solution about that.

Thanking you.

Nitin dait.

If the card is being seen and read by your computer in a card reader, but not in your mobile device it seems to me you should probably check with the manufacturer of that device as to a possible reason why.

hi sir my  mobile micro sd tm card is  formated  and not open by mobile and compture.i used this memory card before in same computer also in mobile

@sweetygpavani wrote:

hi sir my  mobile micro sd tm card is  formated  and not open by mobile and compture.i used this memory card before in same computer also in mobile

Sounds like maybe you formatted it wrong. What size is it, and with what program/device did you format it?

2GB (& less) should be formatted as FAT.

4GB (& larger) should be formatted as FAT32.

1 Like

Good morning,

I have a SanDisk SDHC Card 8GB, that as of this morning cannot be detected by my laptop (Acer) and previously have had no issues. Further, I inserted the card back into my camera I had taken it out of (Nikon) and my camera shows a message of “this card cannot be used”, when it is loaded with pictures and has been used for almost a year now. Can you help me troubleshoot or tell me where to take it to fix it? Not worried about the card itself but the pictures are irreplaceable! Thanks so much!

jamie

wordgrl7@yahoo.com

How do I get started with memory card when using on laptop?  Works fine on tablet.

suddenly my 8 gb sandisk memory card cant detected by phone or pc.pls help me

I have a Sandisk 4GB microSDHC card which was working fine for the last 1 year. Suddenly, it is not been detected by my mobile phone nor by my PC. Is there any way I can retrieve my data ? I have checked the Microsoft’s Update, but it is of no use.

Please guide me I need my data back.

I have an 8 GB mobile microsdhc card with adapter. It reads fine in my phone - but not detected in my HP PC. Can’t seem to find any solutions. Any suggestions?  Thanks

2gb & 4gb memory card not detected by any mobile & pcs