How to repair micro sd 16gb card? It shows 31mb

Hello,

I have the same problem, hence I ended up to this forum, by google. Honestly, a bit surprised. I searched for the keyword ‘8gb sdhc read as 30.6mb’, and only a few (2-3) of the hits that happened to other brands. Most of the hits are sandisk. 

Well, starting from the past, I’ve been using a sandisk compactflash (CF) for my DSLR, with zero problems. Today I bought a brand new sealed in box 8GB SDHC class 10 from a sandisk dealer, and this very same thing happened, right off the bat. That’s the difference, while this problem happened to others’ older card, it happened on my brand new card. I guess it can be considered a blessing, as I don’t have any data yet to be lost in it. 

Card reader is Transcend rdp8k, also with zero problems prior to this day. Tried in both windows 7, and XP SP3, and an old blackberry, all failed.

Tried every possible solutions I could google in the past few hours. From Formatter 4 to regedit (found a thread that suggests editing the registry to fix locked mobile drive)

I’m going to ask for a replacement tomorrow, but honestly, by what I’ve read so far around the net, I’m kinda reluctant to exchange it to another sandisk. I still believe sandisk make a helluva CF, but for SD cards… I also got a problem with a sandisk cruzer blade 16GB thumb drive, but it belong to another section of the forum of course.

Just thought I’ll post here to add 1 more voice to the ‘1%’…