HELP!!!

Hi everyone. Just purchased a new SanDisk Extreme 16GB CF card for my camera yesterday as i was shooting a wedding today. Took the card out of the package and placed it in my camera and fired off a few test shots. happy with the results i popoed the card in to my card reader and proceeded to import the photos to Aperture. with great ease and 100% sucess. So as i said i shot a wedding today and fired off about 600 shots. Checked shots through the day and all was well. Took the card out of the camera tonight and placed it in the same card reader and proceeded to import the files to my Mac. as there were so many i decided to leave it to its own devices. a few hours later i returned to the mac which had an error on the screen saying the disk had ejected improperly. i disconnected the disk from the mac and reinserted it and it wouldnt load on the desktop. next i put the card back into the camera and the camera says “card error”. i have tried putting the card in two Macs and a PC laptop but the card doesnt show up on any of them. So my question is this. if i put the card in the camera and select the cormat card option, what are the chances of me retrieving the photos using Etreme Pro rescue software as i feel that is my only option. I am reluctant to do this in case it scuppers my chances with bringing the card back to the shop where i bought it and they send it off to Sandisk to see where the problem is.

Any ideas?

@jodyphoto wrote:

So my question is this. if i put the card in the camera and select the cormat card option, what are the chances of me retrieving the photos using Etreme Pro rescue software as i feel that is my only option. I am reluctant to do this in case it scuppers my chances with bringing the card back to the shop where i bought it and they send it off to Sandisk to see where the problem is.

While there’s no guarantee, others have had success formatting their memory cards and then using some recovery software to restore the data/photos on it, provided of course you don’t write anything else to the card until you do, as this might overwrite some of the files.

But just so you know, the shop you bought the card at would not"send the card back to Sandisk to see where the problem is"; SanDisk does not do this. All they would do is replace the card, same as if you called them on the issue.

True they only responsible for their product and dumb and deaf   for loss of customer data such a worst company