HELP! SanDisk Exteme Pro compact flash won't import!

Yesterday I shot a wedding on 2 compact flash cards an 8gb and 16gb, both formated for the camera.

When I got home only the 8gb would import! The 16gb gave me an error message on the camera “ERR 02”

The footage plays back fine from the camera… I don’t know what to do. How much would SanDisk charge me if I needed them to help me recover the files?

:smiley:   Hola Titan40,

Estimado Usuario

El mensaje “Err 02”, indica que:
Hay un problema de comunicación entre la cámara y la tarjeta de memoria CF (podría estar dentro de la cámara o en la tarjeta), o la cámara ha detectado un error diferente de algún tipo en la tarjeta.

Entonces, por favor, haga las siguientes pruebas:
1- Limpie los contactos de la tarjeta, con alcohol isopropílico (o común).
Además, limpie los contactos de la ranura CF de la cámara.
Vea, con una lupa y linterna, que los contactos de la ranura CF, no estén sucios, rotos o doblados.

Luego, vea si se solucionó.
2- Si no es así, seguimos: pruebe la tarjeta en otros PCs, directamente a su puerto-card, con un buen adaptador (no un lector de tarjetas, ojo).
Si funciona en otros PCs:
3- Entonces, analizamos lo siguiente:
En Inicio/Mi PC, en el ícono de la tarjeta, haz clic con el botón derecho del mouse, y a continuación, haz clic en Propiedades/Herramientas/Comprobación de errores y reparación.
4- Después, haz un backup del contenido, y finalmente formateas la CF en la cámara.

Si no hay solución, lo siento, creo que está muerta…
Si la tarjeta no es reconocida, por cualquier PC, los datos no se pueden recuperar.
Usted puede devolverla, vea si la tiene en garantía.
Suerte.

Saludos, Alfred.

PD: Si da mensaje de “escritura protegida”, ver el siguiente link:
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-message-from-my-16gb-flash/m-p/323924#M8925

:smiley:   Hi Titan40 ,

Dear User

“Err 02”, indicates that:
There is a communication problem between the camera and the CF memory card (could be within the camera or card), or the camera has detected a different error of some kind on the card.

So, please, do the following tests :

1- Clean the contacts of the card, with isopropyl (or common) alcohol.
In addition, cleans the contacts the CF slot of the camera.
See, with a magnifying glass and flashlight, that the contacts of the CF slot, are not dirty, broken or bent.

Then see if it was solved.

2- If not so, follow: try the card in another PC directly to your port-card with a good adapter ( not a card reader, eye).

If it works on other PCs :
3- Then, we analyze the following:
In Start/My Computer, on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties/Tools/Error Checking and Repair.

4- After, make a backup of the contents, and finally formated the CF in the camera.

If there is no solution, sorry, I think he’s dead…
If the card is not recognized, by any PC, data can not be recovered.
You can return it, see if you have warranty.
Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

PS: If there message “write protected”, see the following link:
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-message-from-my-16gb-flash/m-p/323924#M8925