Re: Faulty 16GB Micro SD Card

[ Edited ]

I purchased my SanDisk 16GB microSDHC from Amazon nearly a year ago and exactly the same reader as frag-frog and everything worked fine. I could see it in Windows, Linux, and on my Rikomagic MK802 II but today I tried to use it to load up a new image for my MK802 and it won't read. It's not recognised in Linux or the MK802 at all and Windows 7 seeems to see it and then doesn't and then it does so on and so on but never long enough to be able to do anything with it.

I also have the SD Adapter for the MicroSD card and this doesn't help anything on the Windows 7 PC

It does seem to make the card recognisable on my Linux Laptop with builtin SD reader but cannot read any files, delete or create pratitions and cannot format the card.

P.S. With regards the RMA I am expected to pay the postage to  Czech Republic

Postage = £3.00

Cost of new SD card = £8.54

No brainer!

After 2 or 3 years (I'm not sure which one is exactly because I've purchased two identical cards from amazon.fr, one in 2011 and one in 2012) and the card failed on me with the exact same symptomps as the ones described in the original post. So you people say that SanDisk replaces such faulty cards? How should I proceed? Thanks!

Well, thanks to the astounding Amazon Customer Service representative, I've got my money back and I can purchase a new card. Thank you SanDisk, I really though your products would last, it's the first time one of my SanDisk cards fails on me.