FORMAT 64GB MICRO SDXC PROBLEM

I’ve had the Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC for over 3 years now. Bought it for my Note 2 and it worked great for the first year then the card got corrupted and I had to RMA it 2 years ago. That worked for a little under 2 years then it corrupted again with unable to format and I RMAd it again. This time however my luck seems to have run out.

When my 2nd RMA card arrived I popped it in my Kingston SD card reader and after transferring some files it just froze and couldn’t be ejected and eventually I just unplugged it and tried again. Same issue it kept freezing while transferring files so I tried to format the card and was given the error that Windows was unable to format. I tried plugging it into my Macbook and it couldn’t format on that either so I asked for an RMA again.

Now with my 3rd RMA card, SAME ISSUE but this time I bought a brand new SD card reader (Transcend SD Card Reader) and still the same issue almost immediately. It froze when transferring files and card is unable to be formatted. I ried other SD cards to see if it was a reader issue but those SD cards (Sandisk, PNY, Generic) seem fine but they were smaller capacity and none SDXC and all those read fine on my phone and readers. I was able to format each of those successfully as well so the issue definitely seems to be with the SDXC.

So today I contacted Sandisk for my 4th RMA and I was promised an upgrade to the Ultra Plus line but honestly at this point I don’t even think that’ll work. I’ve tried using various different phones, readers and computers and they all seem to have the same issue with this card. I’m really not sure what to do if my 4th RMA fails again.

I tried various formatting programs as well including SDFormatter V4.0 and absolutely no luck with anything. I’m not sure if this is a Sandisk issue or just a general SDXC issue but what I do know is that I am slowly losing faith in their products. However on the bright side each and everytime I have contacted their support, they have been of utmost help. I’ve had a very pleasant experience each time however I wish their products would reflect their customer service.