CF Card failure - a bit different

I had the same problem with a 16GB CF card using my Canon 7D at a wedding.  Just as the Bride was turning down the Isle the card stop working and read error…error…  When I took it out and put it in other card readers it would not get recognized at all.  I sent it to a recover company here in Michigan and they said it had nothing on it.  I know it had almost 300 images on it.  I am a professional photographer and I am always looking at what I have shot to check the lighting and manual setting.   There were images there.  I got it back and found a company through other forums on the internet that can take the chip out of the card and recover the images even if others say there is nothing there.  It is call recoverfab out of Germany.  I was a bit afraid to send a card to Germany but what did I have to loose.  It was already damaged.  I sent it about 10 days ago and got an email today that they recovered 267 images of the close to 3 hundred I had on it.  They look great.  I have checked them out on the website preview.  I will downlowd them today.  The cost was very resonable.  This was wedding footage I needed to recover for my client.  Now remember the recovery company I used here (I know the owner of this company he is a friend) could not recover them. Recoverfab saved my images.  They were great.