Beware Of SanDisk Quality & Support

My wife bought a SanDisk 32GB micro SD card for her new Samsung S4 phone. From the start her phone had problems using this memory. 

She googled this and found other people with the same problem who fixed the problem by using a different manufacture’s memory.

So, she did the same and now her phone works perfectly! 

She then emailed SanDisk about this and not only did she have to email photo’s of the memory but they also told her she had to return it by registered mail which cost us over $10.00 to send.

She then asked SanDisk if they would consider upgrading it to a 64GB as a good will gesture for which they refused.

Soon we will have two 32GB micro SD cards, one in her phone and another sitting in a desk collecting dust!

All this because SanDisk appears to be selling defective product.

1 Like

First of all there is only one microSD card compatible with the samsung s4 from sanDisk so i hope that you checked that you bought the right one, another thing is that the samsung with the kies app many sanDisk cards dont work properly so dont complain first about the card but search first what may cause the problems.

As for the registered mail thats the policy of SanDisk you can do nothing about it and i dont know why you are complaining so much, you bought the samsung s4 with a high price that it has and are complaining about 10$

1 Like

Thank you for those comments.

Other than the speed I thought this was supposed to be a standard meaning I can use any ones card.

But, what we did was go in to Future shop and asked for a 32GB class 10 memory card to use in the Samsung S4 phone which the sales person did. Was that wrong?

Also, based on googling and then our own experience it seems that you can use other manufactures, just not SanDisk.

You mentioned that “i hope that you checked that you bought the right one”. I don’t know what you mean by that, I checked the Sandisk website and don’t see anything about this. Perhaps you would be kind enough to post the link so I can check it out.

I appoligize I left out some details in the interest of brievity but to add more detail my wife does not use the kies app and in fact we had to look it up to see what it was.

But, what the problem was that it would often show either “sd card damaged” or “unexpectidly unmounted” with a long delay before the phone would work properly.

At that point I figured this is either a phone problem or an sd memory card problem. 

Then after surfing the web we realized that buying a different 32GB card would fix it so we bought a different manufacture and it was fixed.

To me this rules out the phone which suggests a defective memory card. 

Finally, with SanDisk asked many questions including photos of both sides of the memory before finallly asking us to return it for replacement.

That sounds like an addmision that they have problems.

So here are the facts:

1. The Sandisk would not work in our phone but another manufacture does.

2. Googling the web, many people have had the exact same problem and solution.

3. A free replacement sounds like they know they have problems.

Considering all this then yes, I am complaining about having to pay another $10.00.

I don’t think that is right and in fact I really think they should have upgraded to 64GB as a good will gesture given all the hassles we have gone through.

I bought the sandisk 64gb for my Samsung Galaxy from best buy, the guy said it would work.  After 1 day of having this installed on my phone, I’ve been getting intermittent “card unmounted” or “insert SD card”.  Its been a week now because I’m out of town,  I will be returning home tomorrow and getting a refund to get a different brand.  I heard samsung micro SD cards are flawless.

I also read on other forums that sanDisk micro SD cards do not work well on Samsung Galaxy s4 card. People have bought different brand and it works fine. 

BUYER BEWARE!!!   This brand is Junk, never going to buy any sanDisk items again.   I’m not going to pay $10 for me to ship it for RMA. 

I think that you cant say that all SanDisk products are bad because they made a microSD card that has issues with the samsung galaxy phone. If they made all products defective then you can consider to say that alla products are bad , some more is that SanDisk support tries its best to help all its costumers but in some cases the costumer has to accept some terms even if it is to pay 10$.

Thats only my opinion.

Well, here are the terms I have to accept:

1. First go to store and buy Sandisk memory.

2. Discover it does not work so go back to store and buy competitors memory.

3. Spend computer time to answer questions and send photo’s to Sandisk

4. Spend more time to package Sandisk memory, go to the post office and pay $10.00 postage fee.

5. Wait for replacement.

6. End up with two when all I needed was one.

The only conclusion is NEVER buy Sandisk product.

And I see many people on this forum with the same complaints.

PS- Give it up schnuffyrex you work for Sandisk don’t you?

No i dont work for sandisk its only that i have bought many sandisk products and never had an issue with them and when i called the tech support i didnt had problems with resolving any of my  problems. So as i said its my personal opinion ok you may have experienced something that i havent thats another thing.

But in the end i dont see the point to make such a great deal for one product, i think you can complain about the one card but you can use the other products as well without problems.

I think i made myself clear this time.

Oh, I get it, you’re a Sandisk fanboy. I’ve heard about people like you.

Bottom line is, please read my prevous post with the six points and if you think that is acceptable then please continue to purchase Sandisk products.

Im not a sandisk fan boy and truth is that i hardly knew sandisk 3 years ago, i was buing only kingston because i trusted their quality.

Your points now is ok i understand that you and me all of us have to do them to show sandisk tech support that we have a genuine product and they can be sure for this so i dont see any problem to this the only sure point i have to accept is to pay to send the defect product back to them.

But you have to undestand that they try their best to keep fake products out of the market its a company and they want their products only to be out there so?

I do agree, I am sure fake parts are very costly to SanDisk.

But, I believe that they determined it was genuine when they asked for photo’s.

Some people are happy with the fact that they are “willing” to exchange but I am not. Especially when I had to buy two in order to get one working.

In fact we considered buying a 64GB as 32 is slightly too small for my wifes music library but we decided did not to spend the extra money.

In the end we paid for 64 but only got 32.

That is why we asked if they would consider upgrading to 64GB as a good will gesture which they turned down.

So SanDisk, if you are reading this mabye you can save face by considering a good will gesture? 

You should have the returned part by now.

Hmm,
About the costs you had to send it back:
For all I know is that in my country they are bound by law to refund the costs that I have to make for getting/sending the product RMA.

You should check if this is also the case in your country.

What follows next is something I see more often these days and is not pointed at SanDisk(they handled correct and polite in my case)
Most of the time the companies are aware of these laws but unless the client specifically “makes them aware of these laws” they won’t pay you back your costs.

YEH YOUR A SANDISK FANBOY, YOUR PROBABLY FAPPING OVER THIER LOGO RIGHT NOW ARENT YOU?

LISTEN U THINK PEOPLE HAVE THE TIME TO TAKE PHOTOS EMAIL AND POST A MILLION TIMES THEN REPACKAGE POST WAIT IN POST OFFICE LINES TO RETURN THIS JUNK? ONLY TO GET TOLD WE HAVE TO PAY EXTRA TO RECEIVE ANOTHER LOAD OF JUNK A MONTH LATER??

BUYER BEWARE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK, THEY ARE TIGHT FISTED AND FIGHT FOR EVERY BUCK WHICH OBVIOUSLY MEANS THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE SHI*T, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

@ mrdotcodotuk

1. There’s no need for the ALL CAPS.
  2. There’s DEFINITELY no need for all the vularity on your posts.
  3. Your multiple violations to the Rules & Guidelines, as well as the Terms Of Service of this forum been reported to the Admin.
  4. You WILL be admonished, or possibly banned for this attutude and language.
  5. You have been warned.

how can you say you have bought many cards and never had a issues, yet in the next breath you admit you have called the tech support to resolve your problems, sounds very fishy to me.

In fact I have just purchased 2 16GB sandisk cards from amazon and had to send both back because they would not format or take files, they were write protected and everything tried to make them writable failed.