8GB - not readable by this computer

My 8GB SanDisk card gives me the following message on my Mac (OS 10.4.11): “This disk was not readable by this computer”. That’s via a Card Reader.

I tried via the camera, and the camera says: " cannot create folder". If I press to view the images, it says that there are “no images”. If I try to take a picture, it says “FULL CF”

Are the images recoverable? if so, how?

Thanks.

Use a data recovery software like Recuva or Rescue Pro. After recovering your files, just format it either using your cam or computer.

@reneg wrote:

My 8GB SanDisk card gives me the following message on my Mac (OS 10.4.11): “This disk was not readable by this computer”. That’s via a Card Reader.

Maybe your card reader isn’t SDHC compatible. Some (especially older ones) aren’t.

My guess it’s gone! Probably bad sectors.

My 16GB Sandisk SDHC has been replaced 3 times over the past 1 1/2 years. Every time the sector fails, Sandisk only offers a replacement.  But by then the damage is done and who wants to use an unreliable card for your priceless photos or important document?

My trust in this product/brand has deterioated enough so say that I’d NEVER buy another SANDISK product. Their support is unhelpful and provide no suggestions on how to remedy the problem or give alternatives what so ever.

Sorry

there is no need for you to post in multiple threads with the same info.