8GB microsdhc card suddenly write protected

It’s been fine up until now.  I’ve started at the card even under a magnifying glass and can’t find the switch.  Where is it?

It’s this kind of card: SanDisk SD Card, Memory Cards, and Flash Drives for PC & Mac | Western Digital

I’ve tried reading it with my MobileMate (SanDisk SD Card, Memory Cards, and Flash Drives for PC & Mac | Western Digital) and a Sandisk adaptor.  

Can anyone tell me where this switch is?

Thanks.

Ditto on 4GB micro sdhc card.  Purchased Jan 2010.  Died October 2010.  May it rest in peace.

There is no switch on these cards.  

Looks like there’s a reason for the deathly silence you’ve gotten on your post.  From what I can gleen from the internet when these cards go bad they just quit allowing writes.

I’ve removed the card from my phone, put into sdhc card reader and plugged into both Mac OSX and Windows XP and tried formatting … no go.  Data won’t go away.  New data won’t write.

I’d LOVE to be corrected if I’m wrong, as I don’t have a receipt for this #$!* card and seriously doubt I could return it without one.

:frowning:

–Mary

@eblackwell wrote:

It’s been fine up until now.  I’ve started at the card even under a magnifying glass and can’t find the switch.  Where is it?

It’s this kind of card: http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile-memory-products/sandisk-microsdhc

I’ve tried reading it with my MobileMate (http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile-memory-products/sandisk-mobilemate-micro-reader) and a Sandisk adaptor.  

Can anyone tell me where this switch is?

Thanks.

You could try the suggestions here, particularly under the heading " SD Write Protect Problems: slider tab/software"

Also, ditto on a 4gb Ultra II SDHC card. Spent over 15 min with TS and they were of no substantive help. I’m even using their own All In One card reader so they can’t assert it’s a non compatible brand of card reader. I’m frustrated with them.

MicroSD/SDHC dont have lock switch.

Hi, I had the same problem with 32gb microsdhc and just spent hours. I solved it this way.  Saved everything on the micro to folder on primary HDD.  Downloaded latest GParted Live Cd (open source partition Manager)  here http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php (can be installed on USB). Booted computer from USB into GParted.   Gparted allowed me to delete partion(s) from SDHC and then create new one(Fat32).  Boot back to primary OS and copy files  to SDHC.  Hope it works for you/all.  Cheers GG

Sorry I forgot one thing. I think cheap chinese card readers are the problem …I have now destroyed two !!! Pay the money and get good one  Cheers

nice info given

its really useful

=====

webicon

I think there are no switch,I experienced it once few months ago.

i have buy a 8 gb memori sandisk and whene i input it to my moble it says to formet and whene i was formet the memori card and out the memori to mobile for downlode from pc it re said to formet please help me.

Hi,

Just as a sanity check, have you checked to make sure the write protect slide on the side of the SD card is in the position closest to the metal contact tabs?

if yours is anything like mine there should be a little lock button on the left side and it is probably on lock so unlock it and it should work :slight_smile:

@arnoldpena65 wrote:

if yours is anything like mine there should be a little lock button on the left side and it is probably on lock so unlock it and it should work :slight_smile:

I DO wish poeple would learn to read properly before they post.

This topic is about a micro SD card.  Micro SD cards DO NOT HAVE a lock slide switch.

If yours does, then you are very special.

1 Like

The lock Switch is usually by the top left side of the SD cards or the Adapters.

if its broken u won’t see it.

incase it is broken it will become “Write-Protected” by default.

If there is no Physical damage on the card and u had it in genuine retail package of sandisk when u first bought it, then u can get it exchanged from Sandisk as long as it is under warranty, and u don’t need the receipt as long as it is not from website like ‘e-bay.com or buy.com’…

Adam_izaki, you seem like a smart guy. Can you please tell me on wich side of MICRO SD card that lock switch is ? :slight_smile:

Thank you :wink:

There is NO lock switch on a Micro SD card. If using a full-size adaptor, it will be on the edge of the adaptor.

My micro sdhc card write protected. How it will remove?

no there is no lock switch

This issue is nothing to do with corruption or the lock switch on the side of the SD card. If you look at the side of the disk you will see a small notch. This inocuous little notch is likely to be the reason that it doesn’t work on some devices. It is a matter of covering it with a piece of tape, much like the tabs on the back of the old VHS video tapes. Take a look at the following link for a clear and simple explination of how to remove this write protect issue on most SD cards.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080310092638AAj06k8

Except the subject of this thread is Micro SD cards. And the only ‘notch’ they have on their side is the one that the device uses to lock them into the internal mechanism. Putting tape over this will prevent the card from locking into whatever device you are attempting to put it into.

So your advice while appreciated, is incorrect for the product and discussion at hand.