32gb Micro SDHC card is not detected by phone and unable to format in PC

… and just to update, the card does not work in a usb reader either… My Mac does not detect it at all.

This is a fail SanDisk!!  I bought this on Amazon so getting a replacement card is probably not worth the hassle.  :(

@rmd99 wrote:

I have the same problem with a san disk 32 gb… It was working great but then all of a sudden my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 told me there was a problem and it needed to be formatted. 

I pressed cancel because I was hoping to save the contents of the disk.

Now my Note 2 does not even recognize the card at all.

I saw this post:  http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-galaxy-note-2/237385-erased-sd-card.html

Which says there is a problem with San Disk 32Gb disks not working after use. 

@rmd99 wrote:

I have the same problem with a san disk 32 gb… It was working great but then all of a sudden my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 told me there was a problem and it needed to be formatted. 

Ther has been a lot of buzz about these cards in the Samsung phones. No one that I’ve seen has determined definitively whether it’s the card failing or the phones killing the card. I’m sure SanDisk is feverishly researching this; I can only hope Samsung is doing the same so the issue can be resolved somehow.

@rmd99 wrote:

“I bought this on Amazon so getting a replacement card is probably not worth the hassle.  :(”

Not sure what you mean by this–getting defective items replaced by Amazon.com is the easiest thing in the Internet commerce world, with Amazon sending you a pre-paid mailing label, if you want, for dropping off the package for UPS delivery, and providing free postage in sending you a new, non-defective replacement.  Now, matters are a bit different if dealing with an Amazon Marketplace seller–but even there, Amazon will back you up with its Marketplace Guarantee . . . .

I using samsung Note 2, just brought 2 month ago , the phone prompt to format my SD card &i did and now my phone and PC using sd card adaptor unable to detect my SD card pls help

Hi I have copied all my files and data to a brand new Scandisk 32 GB card I have inserted into my Samsung S2 phone, I was careful to unmount and mount the card, After some use, S2 suddenly request for card to be formatted, I press cancel and then then there were no messages until a few weeks of use it kept coming back , Now it totally cant be recognised, I put into a card reader for my PC and no card was detected and I put it into my camera as well it is not detected

I have 6 months of pictures stored in there m I want to recover these photos and other files I have copied to the disk as I use my phone as a storage device, Please can anyone advise? Thank you

The majority (if not all) of these issues seem to be ocurring with the Samsung (particularly the Galaxy and Note) phones. It’s imaginable the problem lies with the phones themselves, rather than with the Sandisk cards.

Has anybody explored that possibillity by questioning Samsung’s Customer Service/Tech support?

Hey im having the same problem as everyone else. Have a 32GB SDHC card and its dead like the othere posts. Cant be read or formated in Visa or Win7. At the time i started getting a message saying the card had moved in the phone. It did move as the phone was not dropped or no shap moves at them times. The phone is a Samsung S3 4G.

Hi I’m also having the same issue on my Note 2. I bought the 32GB from a reputable local store just a few months ago. After I’ve copy my file to the memory card, it work perfectly for almost a month. Then, I started receiveing different kinds of messages like : a blank SD card was inserted. The card contains some invalid format. jIt is asking me to format the card. When I tried to format the card using the phone, pc, and mac, it is not allowing me to do so. Now, the card reader can’t even recognized the card.

Hi guys  I have the same problems, had an s3 with a 16gb microsd card then moved this card to my new note2 a week later got a message on the phone telling me unable to read sd card . Put the card in my pc and only show 30mb available, Did some research and found out that my sd card file system has some how been changed by the phone from fat32 to raw. My pc and phone cannot read raw sd cards so now trying to find a way to format the card back to fat32. Tried on windows but won’t work, tried in dos but does support raw . So any help guys?

I’m having the same issue.  I have a Sprint Galaxy S3.  On 3/4 my phone went through some updates and I am on Android version 4.1.2.  That evening, my phone shut down because the battery went too low (first time…phone doesn’t get a lot of use).  After charging on 3/5, about mid-day, I got a notification that the card was unmounted.  I’ve tried remounting the card on the phone & also tried reading the card on a pc and mac…nothing.  The card is no longer recognized.

I’m not sure if the update or the battery loss contributed, but my card is now MIA.  I bought it on Amazon and will see if I can get a refund/replacement.

I am having the same issue. Does anyone know what is going on with these micro SD cards. I am hoping to get my money back or a new one. I was able to open the card from my computer and found a folder called “LOST.dir” .  I copied files and recovered most of my pics. I am changing the file extension name for every picture  that was saved in that card. 

Dear, i had the same problem with 64 GB and solved it with Installing this update to add support for the exFAT file system format and it worked fine with me without even formatting the card

please try it 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19364

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/SanDisk-Ultra-64GB-ask-me-to-format-for-GOPRO-Hero-3-Black/m-p/293055/highlight/false

The problem manifests itself with the mobile device first, not the PC. Installing exfat support (if you insist on using windows) may help with recovery but not with the fundamental problem that the phone / tablet can’t use the card. this Article may be of interest to posters.

As for people suggesting that it’s a Samsung problem, whilst I’m sure the fact that it does appear to be predominantly Samsung devices the cards are playing up in, the very fact that Sandisk have implemented a manufacturing fix would point to the problem being at least partly theres.

I have this problem aswell, already thrown a 32gb card in the bin.
After reading this,
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/
I would like to know if there is any official word on this yet…

Not as far as I’m aware, response from SanDisk has been nada, But a lot of people are recieving RMA’s with no problem (although you may have to post card back at your expense). I myself have recieved a replacement card, but that was direct from the retailer (play.com marketplace seller). The annoying thing with the silence from SanDisk is that I have no way of knowing if my replacement card (manufactured in jan 2013, rev 8) is pre-fix or not.

Personally I’ll buy my cards from other manufacturers in future, unless SanDisk decide to come clean about this issue. Please feel free to join the discussion over at XDA on this matter.

hi, i had the same issue as you.

what i did was first use Disk Utilites on my mac to erase the sd card.

and then i put the card back into my samsung galaxy note 2 phone and it would still not recognize it.

i then, hooked my phone to an outlet so that it could charge and immediately the card was recognized.

so maybe try charging your phone and this might help you?

I got the same problem, cannot be detected by phone nor pc, 32gb microSD, S3

So?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/

Return it. SanDisk will replace it under warranty.

But as we have no idea of when the fix was implemented and the replacement cards appear to be same hardware revision as the failing ones, you will have no idea if your new card will fail similarly! Unless SanDisk would care to issue an official statement on the issue