32GB Sandisk Micro SD suddenly stopped being recognized by Galaxy S3 phone

@kalone23 wrote:

Same exact issue here, only with the 8gb card.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the stuff on the SD cards? 

It sounds like the only option being offered is a replacement.  I also can’t remember when I bought it (and I’m certain I don’t have the reciept).  Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell on the card itself if its date stamped somehow?

You should definitely follow the free advice first - there are free programs (try Recuva or PhotoRec) that can reportedly do the job.

I was less lucky. I had a SanDisk 32GB MicroSD card fail after nearly two years living in a Photon Q, and it wouldn’t show up in either of those programs.

What you can do is send it to a company such as Recoverfab. They do some hardcore miniature soldering and detective work and stuff, so it’ll cost a bit of a bomb - whether you want to do it depends on how much the data means to you. That said, you only have to pay if it’s a success.

They succeeded in my case so I’m pretty happy, but I’ll definitely be making backups more often from now on :wink: