32GB Sandisk Micro SD suddenly stopped being recognized by Galaxy S3 phone

Where is the answer? No good reading that everyone has the same problem without a fix.

I just experienced the same thing, and now I have some hope!  A quick question, when you put it in the card reader, was it in an adaptor or do you have a MicroSD reader on your computer?  I have to use an adapter, so I’m wondering if it might still work.  Also, did you leave the computer powered on the entire time, or did you shut down daily (or as usual)?  Thank you so much!

I just experienced the same thing, and now I have some hope! A quick question, when you put it in the card reader, was it in an adaptor or do you have a MicroSD reader on your computer? I have to use an adapter, so I’m wondering if it might still work. Also, did you leave the computer powered on the entire time, or did you shut down daily (or as usual)? Thank you so much!

1st Jan 2016

I have 32 gb card (3rd one to fail now) _ has there been a solution to this or not??? _

1st Jan 2016

I have 32 gb card (3rd one to fail now) _ has there been a solution to this or not??? _

Ok, this problem seems to be happening for how many years now? I have thee Extreme 32gb and one Ultra 32gb micro cards that have all failed in my Samsung S4 Mini. None of them lasted for more than a week. I don’t have any problems when I use a Sandisk 16gb or 8gb micro card. So to say the phone is the issue does’nt make since. 

When will Sandisk admit that their 32gb cards have issues?

Mine too… 32Gb Ultra TF…

I can read the card, but cannot write to it or delete whats on it.

I have many cards, this is the first one to die… of course, inconvemient…

@kalone23 wrote:

Same exact issue here, only with the 8gb card.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the stuff on the SD cards? 

It sounds like the only option being offered is a replacement.  I also can’t remember when I bought it (and I’m certain I don’t have the reciept).  Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell on the card itself if its date stamped somehow?

You should definitely follow the free advice first - there are free programs (try Recuva or PhotoRec) that can reportedly do the job.

I was less lucky. I had a SanDisk 32GB MicroSD card fail after nearly two years living in a Photon Q, and it wouldn’t show up in either of those programs.

What you can do is send it to a company such as Recoverfab. They do some hardcore miniature soldering and detective work and stuff, so it’ll cost a bit of a bomb - whether you want to do it depends on how much the data means to you. That said, you only have to pay if it’s a success.

They succeeded in my case so I’m pretty happy, but I’ll definitely be making backups more often from now on :wink:

because sandisk is ■■■■!!!

sandisk is ■■■■■

:angry:

!!!Sandisk is ■■■■■!!!

:angry: 

!!!sandisk is ■■■■■!!!:angry:

!!!sandisk is ■■■■■!!!:angry:

!!!sandisk is ■■■■■!!!:angry: i dont buy anymore sandisk products

:confounded:!!!sandisk is ■■■■■!!!:angry: i dont buy anymore sandisk products

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

:confounded:!!!sandisk is ■■■■■!!!:angry: i dont buy anymore sandisk products

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…:flushed:

i brought two scandisk Ultrausb 3.0 32g pens in the last two months both stopped working for no reason,

its a complete rip off wont be buying anymore from scandisk highway robbery

@manpic wrote:

i brought two scandisk Ultrausb 3.0 32g pens in the last two months both stopped working for no reason,

its a complete rip off wont be buying anymore from scandisk highway robbery

Have you tried contacting SanDisk (not scandisk) for a warranty replacement, or do you think trolling on a user’s forum will rectify the situation for you?

Tapeworm,

There’s no need to be abusive. You are talking to a customer of Sandisk (even if they have made a small mistake with the name).  If you have any evidence that this is a troll, do share it, otherwise be more polite.

There is obviously a problem with thes (sorry, these) cards.  I have had a 32gb card do the same thing in a Galaxy S4 and a 128gb card in a Galaxy Note 4. Both lost all the data on them, so now do we trust them or back them up regularly or what? Samsung gives us the facility to move apps to the SD card, so suddenly losing apps as well as data can be very inconvenient.  We do need to rely on the SD card from hour to hour even if we back up every day.

Both mine were replaced and upgraded (the 32gb to a 64gb and the 128gb to a higher class) by Sandisk, but not without a lot of messing and sending the faulty cards back.  It is, however, as you suggest, always worth taking the case up with Sandisk who do not quibble providing the card is genuine.

I only wanted to share with you my experience of recover files from my 64 GB flsh memory.

Please do not trust to use Recure Pro software from LS Technology International. Their software is very awful. All recovered files are mixed up with different name. Very poor customer care.

Instead I realy recommend use EASSOS Recovery software: http://www.eassos.com/

Excellent software with very high trusted performace.