32GB Sandisk Micro SD suddenly stopped being recognized by Galaxy S3 phone

Were you able to recover the data on it?

Were you able to recover your pictures?  I too have a whole year and a half of my kids on my card that just suddenly stopped working!

I never thought it would happen either but I have a whole year and a half on my SD card that just suddently stopped working.  Were you able to recover your photos?  

Same exact issue here, only with the 8gb card.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the stuff on the SD cards? 

It sounds like the only option being offered is a replacement.  I also can’t remember when I bought it (and I’m certain I don’t have the reciept).  Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell on the card itself if its date stamped somehow?

:smiley:   Hi Kalone23,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the stuff on the SD cards?  ]

Friend, please:

1-  Test your SD card, in a laptop directly to its port-card, (not USB card-reader).

2-  If still bad: in Start / My PC, on the card icon right-click, and then click in Properties / Tools / Error Checking and Repair.

3-  If still bad: try formatting with the tool (portable app, free): USB Flash SD Formatter 4.00
     Then, remove and re-plug the device.

4-  If the card is recognized by the Operating System, the Data Recovery is simple and free.

Do not do it for Internet, understands me?

Download to your laptop, this tool (portable app, totally free), configured to use to “one touch”: Recuva 1.51

5-  If there is no joy, then please, do not grieve more friend, return it.

[  I also can’t remember when I bought it (and I’m certain I don’t have the receipt).  ]

You might have a pleasant surprise, if can contact SanDisk Technical Support

who will replace the device, if it’s authentic and is within warranty: Link 

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                            (Google translated)

Same issue happened 2 days ago in LG D415.  Using card for >2 years.  Successfully transferred card and all data from previous HTC phone 3 mo ago.  Ran out of system memory on LG, so transferred all pics to same 32 GB micro-SD - and hadn’t yet backed up :-(.  While transferring video of grandson’s first steps to card, got message from phone saying that SD card had been removed, and that I should have unmounted it first.  The card was working fine in the phone until that message.  Tried re-seating the card several times and also tried reading it on laptop SD slot and on 3 different USB adaptors - NO JOY (and it’s Christmas!!).  The card is not detected, so there’s no way to use recovery software.   Any recommendations about most reliable recovery vendors? And, everybody says they’re expensive - HOW MUCH??  Happy Holidays to all those without this problem!

No replies to this yet, but I have exciting news!  Based on info from an earlier post in which someone noted that a micro-SD card which had been unrecognized on his phone and computer suddenly re-appeared after several hours sitting in the card reader on his computer, I left my card in the SanDisk adapter on my PC and HOPED!  After ~1 wk of sitting there unrecognized through many hours of opeation and multiple re-boots for various reasons, the card suddenly appeared in Windows Explorer!!  I immediately successfully copied the contents to my hard drive (recovering all the precious pictures I thought were lost!).  When the data seemed to continue to be accessible, as opposed to the earlier report (which said that the card quickly became unrecognizable again), I re-installed the card in my phone - and it has behaved correctly since.  I plan to buy another card for the phone and use this one for long-term storage, but I’ve learned how important it is to maintain a current backup (cloud or another medium) for the removable as well as the internal storage on my phone!  

I don’t have a clue about the mechanism for this miracle micro-SD recovery, but I hope somebody else might benefit from my experience.

Patriot microSDHC 32GB (PSF32GITMCSHC10) died on me.  It died a slow intermittant death.  I noticed that my Galaxy 2 was taking longer and longer to read the card, then one day it died taking my videos with it.  Will not register with any device.

Someone recommended the SanDisk Formatter, but I got my RMA from Patriot.  All the videos were replaceable, however, I couldn’t imagine if they were honeymoon photos, wedding photos, graduation videos, or your child’s birth…etc.  

Scary indeed.  

my Micro SD 32G (Class 6) - not Sandisk but Strontium brand also facing the same problem… it had been in my note 3 for more than half a year, i was happy with it.
After the malfunction, I tried to remove & place again for several times at different days but to no avail… tried put it in strontium micro sd adapter & read in my laptop, failed recognition as well…

Reading the post here, i get some hope… I’d contacted strontium service. Meanwhile i’ll leave it in my laptop, with hope someday it’ll be recognized & i’ll be able to retrieve my pictures & videos! *finger cross*

Hi,

I too had the same problem with a 32g Ultra Card in an S3.

Was taking videos on holiday,suddenly the phone told me that Camera has stopped working.Phone froze at this point. Had to re-boot device and then notifacation came up telling me that SD Card was Blank…(a lot of data on it)

Returned home and tried in vain to get card to connect with PC…no way.Tried to formatt within phone…Nothing.

Contacted Sandisc…they gave me a link to a firm that recovers data…£171/210 charge If they can get any data off it.In the end, just posted the faulty card of to Sandisc for a replacement card.

According to Sandisc this problem with cards and Samsung devices has now been fixed…

Cheers

Where is the answer? No good reading that everyone has the same problem without a fix.

I just experienced the same thing, and now I have some hope!  A quick question, when you put it in the card reader, was it in an adaptor or do you have a MicroSD reader on your computer?  I have to use an adapter, so I’m wondering if it might still work.  Also, did you leave the computer powered on the entire time, or did you shut down daily (or as usual)?  Thank you so much!

I just experienced the same thing, and now I have some hope! A quick question, when you put it in the card reader, was it in an adaptor or do you have a MicroSD reader on your computer? I have to use an adapter, so I’m wondering if it might still work. Also, did you leave the computer powered on the entire time, or did you shut down daily (or as usual)? Thank you so much!

1st Jan 2016

I have 32 gb card (3rd one to fail now) _ has there been a solution to this or not??? _

1st Jan 2016

I have 32 gb card (3rd one to fail now) _ has there been a solution to this or not??? _

Ok, this problem seems to be happening for how many years now? I have thee Extreme 32gb and one Ultra 32gb micro cards that have all failed in my Samsung S4 Mini. None of them lasted for more than a week. I don’t have any problems when I use a Sandisk 16gb or 8gb micro card. So to say the phone is the issue does’nt make since. 

When will Sandisk admit that their 32gb cards have issues?

Mine too… 32Gb Ultra TF…

I can read the card, but cannot write to it or delete whats on it.

I have many cards, this is the first one to die… of course, inconvemient…

@kalone23 wrote:

Same exact issue here, only with the 8gb card.  Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the stuff on the SD cards? 

It sounds like the only option being offered is a replacement.  I also can’t remember when I bought it (and I’m certain I don’t have the reciept).  Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell on the card itself if its date stamped somehow?

You should definitely follow the free advice first - there are free programs (try Recuva or PhotoRec) that can reportedly do the job.

I was less lucky. I had a SanDisk 32GB MicroSD card fail after nearly two years living in a Photon Q, and it wouldn’t show up in either of those programs.

What you can do is send it to a company such as Recoverfab. They do some hardcore miniature soldering and detective work and stuff, so it’ll cost a bit of a bomb - whether you want to do it depends on how much the data means to you. That said, you only have to pay if it’s a success.

They succeeded in my case so I’m pretty happy, but I’ll definitely be making backups more often from now on :wink:

because sandisk is ■■■■!!!

sandisk is ■■■■■

:angry: