32GB Sandisk Micro SD suddenly stopped being recognized by Galaxy S3 phone

Bought SanDisk 32gb microSDHC UHS-I card(for mobile devices) around October 2012. The card worked flawless until 2weeks ago when I suddenly got a notification “bad removal” “card ejected” (the card never left the phone since the beginning). Already familiar with the tons of complaints (xda,Samsung, Sony- forums) regarding this type of card I began to fear the worst and after struggling for 2 days it just gone blank. No device that I triedsees the card. Also the pc can’t see it anymore.
28gb on video, documents and pictures, all gone.
The most people I read here on the forum mentioned they owned a Samsung device. I do not.
I own a Sony Xperia T (lt30p) with stock android 4.1.2 jelly bean, not rooted.

In those 2 days I had the card monitored by an app and only one time I had the phone restarted(counts for 1 mount and 1 unmount.
The following stats where logged:

Card mounted: 14 times
Card unmounted: 32 times
Card bad removal: 10 times
Card removed: 3 times
Card ejected: 23 times

Also a lot of other Sony phones have problems regarding these cards failing.

The following I count as just speculation as I can’t find any official statement by SanDisk regarding this problem.
I’ve also read somewhere that SanDisk is aware of these problems and even admitted that a faulty batch went on the market before noticing that there was an bug.

Next monday i’ll phone SanDisk and see what they have to say.
I see my data as lost in the meantime.

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, I bought a Sandisk 32gb Micro SDHC card with class 4. it was working good till one month.but now It is not detected by my android phone.So I tried with card reader result is same.Then I try to connect it through a USB card adopter to my PC. It asks for Formatting the removable disk.When I try to format it in basic FAT,NTFS or exFAT it shows only 30.6 mb capacity and a prompt message “Windows was unable to complete format”. 

Please Help!

After someone telling me that there is a known problem with some Sandisk micro SD cards and Samsung phones, I searched and found this. Same symptoms, phone started freezing up, requiring battery to be removed, fast battery drain, and eventually the SD card couldn’t be read any longer! Now if you try mount, it says its blank and suggests a format.

Putting the card into WinXP machine, Win7 laptop, Raspberry Pi with 3 various micro  SD card readers which are working with other cards just fine … nothing, can’t see the card as a drive. Have tried all sorts to try recover the data, nothings working.

It’s a SanDisk 32Gb Class 4 … less than 1 years old :angry:

Not about to send the card off for a replacement as there is still data on there … I just can’t see or get to it due to cards HW failure.

1 Like

My 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD also stopped working in my Galaxy S3 phone  and is also unreadable via computer. 

1 Like

Was anyone able to recover their data? I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, and my SD card stopped working. My baby’s first year of life is on this card!!!

Having the same issue and am devastated. I have four months worth of pictures and videos of my two yr old twins on the SanDisk Micromate in my S3 and can’t believe they might be gone forever… It never crossed my mind that it could malfunction and hadn’t backed up anything because we were getting a new computer for Christmas. Could not be more heartbroken!

I’m in the same boat - Fall of 2012 bought 2 Galaxy S3s, and 2 32 GB cards - on one phone all is well, on the other it started unmounting and remounting until it was just gone with my data and needing reformatting - can’t reformat in phone, was about to try to reformat with my pc now and it thinks it’s a 30.2 MB card and won’t allow for a reformat.

Solution please!

@gcatmap wrote:

. . . the other it started unmounting and remounting until it was just gone with my data and needing reformatting - can’t reformat in phone, was about to try to reformat with my pc now and it thinks it’s a 30.2 MB card and won’t allow for a reformat.

Solution please!

Simple. Call SanDisk for a warranty replacement.

Yah… truly… I also brought Sandisk ultra 32 GB… its worked great when slotted on phone, but when I plugged it to PC by card reader, it sometimes lost its format, its asked me to format almost everytime i plugged it to pc and i had many times reformatted it because of it…

I had tried to use different card reader but the trouble was still happened… and sometimes it lost from drive when i tried to copy files to it…

it also made my pc get slower and sometimes the windows was not responding when opening it…

how to solve this issue?

Hey all…
I’m a sgs3 (i9300) user and planning to buy a SanDisk ultra 32gb memory card through Flip kart…
But I’ve seen many s3 and note 2 users with similar issues…
So what you guys recommend…?
Shall I buy this product or try something else?

Just wanted to report that I have the same issue with a 8GB MicroSDHC by SanDisk. The card did work fine for some 3 months in my miobile phone (Samsung S4 Mini) but then started to behave like descriobed by all oters in this thread. Also on my PC (W7)  I am prompted to format. I have not done this since I have valuable pictures on it. Is there a way to recover pictures from a corrupt SD card?

Anybody tried this, http://sdcard-pics.digitalphoto-recovery.com/ does it work for SD cards and is it reliable?

Strange that SanDisk is not taking care of this, obviously it happens not only with Samsung.

Maybe wise to use another memory card brand since this problem seems to be so common.

My Sandisk 32 Gb Microsd High Capacity just up and quit on Saturday 7/5. I bought it the day before the Galaxy S5 was released, installed on my brand new phone which has never beed dropped.  I tried all teh suggestions by using a USB reader on my laptop and desktop, using the laptop card reader, trying to read on a tablet, all of which has failed. The tablet refers to it being damaged and Window 8 doesn’t even recognize it. I emailed SanDisk on Saturday and got the auto reply: Thank you for contacting SanDisk Customer Support. You should receive an email response from a SanDisk Customer Support Representative within 2 business days.

Will wait patiently until Wednesday to see if I am contacted.

Who do we contact when this fault occurs? I bought one from Amazon about a year ago and it’s been acting up for a while now, first it kept being dismounted in my S4 and now I can’t even format it on my phone or on my PC as its not recognised anymore…

:smiley:  Hi  Kingmog,

Please, do not grieve more.  Return it, is defective.

See links: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/

Regards, Alfred.

Does anyone got a fix on this without sending microsd back to Sandisk.

This just happened with two 32 GB microSD I have but i bouth then on 2012. Don`t think they are going to return this on warranty.

Moreover, I bought in US and I`m in Brazil now.

Thanks

:smiley:   Hi Blage,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Warranty

The SanDisk microSD/microSDHC Memory Card is backed by a five-year limited warranty.

See link: http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/class4/?capacity=32GB

You might have a pleasant surprise, if can contact with _ SanDisk Technical Support   who will replace the device, _ if it’s authentic and is within warranty.

Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                         (Google translated)

:smiley:  Hi Blage,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Warranty

The SanDisk microSD/microSDHC Memory Card is backed by a five-year limited warranty.

See link: http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/class4/?capacity=32GB

You might have a pleasant surprise, _if can contact with SanDisk Technical Support _ who will replace the device, if it’s authentic and is within warranty. Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                             (Google translated)

i also have same issue, purchased on 22 July & been using it since.

suddenly 3 days ago the sd card not detected in my phone, i put it on card reader also not detected by my pc…

previuosly been purchased the 16 gb for my galaxy note 2 and working well not any single issue happen, then purchase another one for my redmi 1s & the problem appears,

the online store that 1 purchased this sd card says that i need to provide the box for warranty claim…

i dont have the box due its already 3 months ago & no mention earlier that i need to provide the box for warranty claim…

been emailing also to support but no answer till now…

:smiley:    Hi Amlbuton,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome (2) .

Please, do not grieve more.

Contact SanDisk Technical Suppor t who will replace the device, _ if it’s authentic and is within warranty._

Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                           (Google translated)