Re: 32GB Class 10 Micro SD card - unexpectedly removed in Android

Im having exactly the same problem on my galaxy s4. Card is getting unexpectedly removed on its own.

Im using 32gb class10 card by sandisk.
kh

yup, happened to mine S4 which bought for only 1 week, what is the problem exactly?

[ Edited ]

+1 - for the problem on Samsung Galaxy S4

SanDisk Guru

@kh wrote:

yup, happened to mine S4 which bought for only 1 week, what is the problem exactly?

Check with Samsung. Apparantly their phones are doing something that kills the cards. And it's not only SanDisk cards that are affected.

I have same problem. My phone is ZTE Blade 3, in Czech republic's distribution is called ZTE Skate Pro. Any solution? Thank you.

Same problem with the same card bought back in December within my S2.

This is truly unacceptable - I will be requesting an RMA now, but do not know if we can trust Sandisk memory cards..

Hi All

There has been reported issues of some of the older 32GB MicroSD HC cards in Samsung devices.

I have the same fault on a 32GB Micro SD HC Class 4

Samsung advised me to call Sandisk and Sandisk advised their newer 32gb cards have a newer format and will cure the issue. Will be recieving a new one under RMA in the next 7 days.

Give them a call guys (its not about needing Class 10), its a known defect

All the Best

Chris

Glad to know I'm not alone! I have been blaming my phone for the issue, thinking it was the "remanfactured" phone I bought, but I get messages like "Removed SD card" "Blank SD Card" etc and I switched external SD cards now, and so far no message, esp the consistent "Media Scanning" the device was doing. 

I am writing the company tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement or refund. I paid 19 bucks for this 32gb card, thinking it was a better class card, and now have a 4gb class 4 card in now with not a single error or issue. Come on SanDisk, you are supposed to be the reliable ones. Don't start falling down hill!!!

Can anyone let me know if they have recieved a refund or replacement, and if the replacement was better? 

I bought the SanDisk 32gb class 10 micro sd card in October which caused problems in my droid x which, after reading the forums, is too large of a card storage-wise, so I suppose it was my fault for not checking for compatibility.  Just got the Galaxy S4 less than 2 weeks ago and I already got the error message, tried restarting and remounting which did not help.  I also tried using the card reader to try to recover the data onto my laptop and it wouldn't read the card.  I lost baby pictures among other pics from this past week's vacation so to put it mildly, it am very displeased!  So there is no way to get this data back? 

I also have a SanDisk 32mg class 4, thought it might have worked for the droid x, but did not.  I'm concerned after what some have said on this forum that this may have problems also.

I will be calling SanDisk for "replacement".

[ Edited ]

I bought mine in October too, during the Amazon sale. It's very disappointing, you might be able to get a program online to recover your photos, I had one on Windows but it brought back pixelated/scrambled photos. My phone does support up to 32gb card that's why I bought it, but so far without the card the phone has been running really well. 

I think it's the 32gb Class 10 SD cards, they are just not good.