Re: 32GB Class 10 Micro SD card - unexpectedly removed in Android

I have an LG optimus L9 (Great phone BTW) and i have the same problem, I just bought a 32GB ultra and when i do a speed test using the sandisk app on my andriod, I get the same speed as myMan Frustrated wife gets with her class 4 16GB sandisk card...

Is the problem my card or the phone.

Greg, it's the card. They are faulty. Call or chat with SanDisk and see if you can get a new one or a refund. 

Surprised that more folk haven't voted for your post - the internet is littered with complaints about this issue and little evidence that anyone (including SanDisk) have solved.

I see a recent claim on a YouTube clip from 28 May 2013 (SD Card Unexpectedly Removed Finally Solved that problem caused by Bishal Sarmah) that the problem is caused by a Virus...Really?!? In the vain hope that it would fix the problem, I've tried it - NO JOY!

Your post filled me with hope untill I checked my 32gb card and found it is C4 :-/
I have a Galaxy S2 whi h was the most awesome piece of equipment ever until Samsung "upgraded" the OS since then it has had constant shutdowns and battery burn related to the "unavailable" sd card issue. Any other tips?

You might want to try this to save your data , It works for me when my SD card wasn't reading from any device ....Best of luck!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-recover-data-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-or-usb-drive/

I have a 32gb class 10 also that has the me problem when i used it on a SAMSUNG S4 and a tablet which is an ANDROID 4.1.1 but  when i used it on my SAMSUNG galaxy mini which a GINGERBREAD 2.3.4 i donot encounter the same issues..  i will try it on a another samsung ace later if it will have the same issues..

does this mean that it is a problem with android jellybean!!!!????

NICE JOB BEING RESPONSIVE SAN DISK... THERE HAVE BEEN THOUSANDS OF POSTS AND TENS OF THOUSANDS OF VIEWS OF THESE SAME POSTS AND WE GET EXACTLY SQUAT FROM SAN DISK.  PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO ADDRESS THESE ENDLESS COMPLAINTS... IS IT SO FREAKIN HARD TO POST A **bleep** RESPONSE???????????

SanDisk Guru

Have you asked Samsung the same question? Smiley Frustrated

[ Edited ]

Three of my family members have Samsung Galaxy S III phones with SanDisk 32GB Class 10 cards. I seem to have managed to find a card that worked in my phone. There was one recent glitch,* but otherwise fine. [*The glitch was not necessarily card related althogh the word card was mentioned in the error message.]  I do not recall initial problems, but really do not remember. My daughter has intermittent problems after I replaced a card that just did not work. The second card in my wife's phone seems to be working.

I have been reading about this problem, which is how I found this thread, and there seem to be variables between the card, the Samsung Galaxy S III phone, and the version of Android operating system, specifically which version of Jelly Bean has been implemented in the device. Although SanDisk cards have often been involved, there also have been other brands.

In the case of the bad San Disk 32 GB Class 10 card in my daughter's phone, it could have been damaged by a combination of the operating system and the phone. However, I could not read the card in a computer. That implies bad card, but is not definitive for at least two reasons. One it could have been damaged as by the phone or its OS, beyond the computer's ability to access it or I could have failed to consider all the ways to get it to be recognized by the computer. At least one, and probably two of the cards failed inititally, so it was not some long term damage.

Although anything is possible since no one has conclusively identified the problem or problems, I do not really consider the computers card reader  itself to be a variable because it has read other cards and I also tried the bad card on another computer.

I do not blame any paricular manufacturer or software, but I do wish I saw more efforts to figure out why this is occuring.

I bought 16GB Ultra aroung a month back and have been facing this issue since first day.

I used two smartphones of different brands to verify whether this was the card or phone.

When I sent this card to service center, they returned it back after testing for aroung 30 min saying it is perfect.

This issue is not predictable and they can't test just for 30 min for an issue which happens once every day in my case.

I hope SanDisk does something else I will loose my confidence in this brand and will refrain from buying anything in future, will even advice my friends to stay away from this.