Accepted Solution

YIPPEE!! How to UNLOCK / deactivate mmc PASSWORD prompt & access mmc content again:)

3 days ago my card just prompted me for a mmc (SanDisk card) password--which I'd never set!

I did an online search & found that many people, particularly nokia symbian users are experiencing this problem.

Most people online advise that you download some program; set the remote lock;or format your mmc (yikes!!)

I tried the 1st 2 suggestions, without success. Formatting the mmc is a big no! no! for most of us!

So what did I do now?

On my Nokia E50:

1)Go to MENU-->then SETTINGS.
2)go to SECURITY---> then PHONE & SIM.

This is the key to it guys (at least it worked for me!):

3)on "Pin code request", mark the option as "OFF"
--in other words, no matter what phone you are using, you should note have a pin code for starting the phone ;-)

[But then because I was not sure what I was doing, I just turned off all the codes & marked the "Lock if SIM changed" & "Allow Remote Lock" as "NO". - But I don't think that's necessary..but I did it anyway.]

4) Final step is to SWITCH OFF your phone.
5) Now switch it on again.

--The phone will no longer request a pin code.
But if you have set a lock code, it will request that--which you know:smileyhappy:

BINGO!! All the stuff you stored in your mmc is there now:smileyhappy:

SO please, don't format your cards people!

Thanks for reading this essay.

Be blessed:smileyhappy:
Highlighted

Re: YIPPEE!! How to UNLOCK / deactivate mmc PASSWORD prompt & access mmc content again:)

@Musallio wrote:

3 days ago my card just prompted me for a mmc (SanDisk card) password--which I'd never set!

Ok.  As long as you understand this is a Nokia issue and has nothing to do with the card.  It is the phone that put the password on there in the first place.