Accepted Solution

Production of write-once (or read-only) microSD cards

I am seeking a solution for write-once (or producing read-only) microSD cards. We want to distribute 1 GB microSD's in quantities with pre-written content (training materials, eBooks, audio lessons etc) in such a way that these files cannot be deleted and the disk cannot be reformatted. It is for use in very remote areas in the whole world. This micro-SD card is part of a social economic development project of the NGO I represent.

We want to stay away from any DRM (CPRM) technologies in order to maintain compatibility with the (older) mobile phone market. It is important to us that these microSD cards can be used by anyone with a mobile device that has a microSD slot. We just don't want people to be able to delete files or reformat the card. Please, any kind of write protection trick is welcomed. And sorry, I have received already too many links to the write protection switch on full-size SD cards.

Re: Production of write-once (or read-only) microSD cards

what you are looking for is currently only produced in very small capacities and full size SD format only

Thanks for the answer. I'll have to continue my search for alternatives. Any suggestions?
Highlighted

In response to your inquiry, our company is able to support your request to replicate and create write-once/read-only content on SD, microSD, and USB flash devices.  We do full scale replication and can support all available size media.  We are also able to support multiple partitions on your flash cards which can support both public and secure (ROM) partitions.