Accepted Solution

2 Gb Micro SD memory card problems

I have a 2Gb micro SD memory card. well it's supposed to be. When I check the memory on my computer under properties it says I only have 965 Mb. I took it to best buy today and the guy that helped me got it so that it said there was 1800 Mb, but then I started having problems with it, like I couldnt put files on it, then it said that i was using 965 Mb and I had 965 Mb free when there was nothing on the memory card. So I reformatted it , now again it says I only have 965 Mb on it. Anyone know how do I get it back to  it's full capacity of 2 Gb?

Re: 2 Gb Micro SD memory card problems

the device or reader you are formatting the card in may only be compatible with cards up to 1GB. if this is the case it may reformat the card as a 1GB card. try formatting in different readers or devices.

what is the reader/device you are using the card with?

You'll probably need some partitioning software to remove the partition that's been installed on your card now.

Dear SanDisk Support,

I have the same problem.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide software that can fix this because this problem is only going to get worse as more people buy this product.  I called your tech support case# 1681203 and they were clueless and told me to return the card to were I bought it.  It was the worst customer service I have ever had.  How about a program that formats it correctly? 

Please help,

Lou Kaltz

you can download an application that will reformat the card here. as far as i know sandisk does not make a utility that will reset the domain of a memory card. remember if you use the card in the same host device it will reformat the card as a 1GB again. you may want to check with your host device manufacturer to see if they have any firmware updates available for your device.

I am having this same problem after I formatted my card in my noka 6085 I contacted customer service via email they didn't even bother answering tried that software from hp and it only recognizes my card as a 972mb card I have tried two different readers and the phone itself trying a firmware update on the phone now any other suggestions?

Where did you purchase your card from?

@javier2204 wrote:
I am having this same problem after I formatted my card in my noka 6085 I contacted customer service via email they didn't even bother answering tried that software from hp and it only recognizes my card as a 972mb card I have tried two different readers and the phone itself trying a firmware update on the phone now any other suggestions?

I purchased mine from Staples....these Sandisk cards are the worst ever POS crads made. Should have bought kingston. What a rip offf sandisk atleast give us a freaking solution. I'm sick of this.

dzap wrote:
I purchased mine from Staples....these Sandisk cards are the worst ever POS crads made. Should have bought kingston. What a rip offf sandisk atleast give us a freaking solution. I'm sick of this.

if you can give us a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing someone here may be able to help.

Where did you purchase your card from?