Highlighted
Accepted Solution

2 GB microSD memory card trouble

I recently purchased a 2 GB micro SD memory card and was very pleased with its performance.  I bought it for music storage on my Blackberry phone; it worked really well at first.  Recently, it spuriously became unreadable by my computer and my phone.  I can no longer put files on it, or extract anything from it (a.k.a. listen to my music).  It came with an adapter the is the size of a mini SD card and can be put directly into my computer (Toshiba Satellite Dual-Core Processor) for importing or exporting files.  In addition, while the card is in my phone, I can hook the phone up directly via USB and access the memory card through Blackberry software I have installed on my computer.  Nevertheless, after attempting each of these methods, I am still unable to access my Memory Card.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?  Please help me, I'd like to solve this problem soon.  Thanks.

Re: 2 GB microSD memory card trouble

you can try formatting the card. see if you get any errors. if format does not complete the card may need to be replaced.

The computer was unable to even recognize the memory card.  However, when I placed it in a digital camera, it detected the presence of the memory card but said it needed to be formatted.  Providing the option to do so, I proceeded; it failed.  I think the hammer did a fine job of fixing it after that :smileyvery-happy:.  Oh well, time to buy a new one.  Thanks for trying to help...

The same thing happened to me, I bought the 2gb MicroSD card for my LG Trax phone.  It didn't work (right out of the box!) and neither my phone or my computer would recognize it.  A more computer-savvy friend of mine checked it out for me and managed to get it formatted, after which I was able to put it in my phone and it actually worked.  After about a week of use, it started acting up and eventually failed.  I'm back to square one, neither my phone or my computer will recognize it, and nothing's working.  I'm pretty disappointed here, Sandisk is supposed to be one of the better makers of portable memory.  I don't think you should shrug your shoulders and go buy another one, I think they should step up and replace these things if they're not working.

Ninefootsix wrote:
The same thing happened to me, I bought the 2gb MicroSD card for my LG Trax phone.  It didn't work (right out of the box!) and neither my phone or my computer would recognize it.  A more computer-savvy friend of mine checked it out for me and managed to get it formatted, after which I was able to put it in my phone and it actually worked.  After about a week of use, it started acting up and eventually failed.  I'm back to square one, neither my phone or my computer will recognize it, and nothing's working.  I'm pretty disappointed here, Sandisk is supposed to be one of the better makers of portable memory.  I don't think you should shrug your shoulders and go buy another one, I think they should step up and replace these things if they're not working.

sandisk mobile memory cards have a 5 year warranty. if it is not working contact sandisk technical support at 866-SanDisk and they will replace the card.

Unless it is in the 30 day window of when you bought it.  They will tell you to return it from where you bought it.

Has anyone had a similar problem with the 4G SDMicro's?

I got one for Christmas, that my phone will use.....but none of my computers like.  They are all Ubuntu Linux (3 of them).....one computer wouldnt even get past the bios if I had it plugged it, and if I unplugged and plugged back in before Ubuntu passed the load screen....it would sit until I pulled it out.....this makes no sense at all.

The LG Chocolate and Venus format them with Fat16, and my others ( a 512 A-Data and a 4g Kingston) are working fine.  Ive tried formatting it with 2 different phones, used 3 different card readers and even used the old eraser trick to clean the contacts.

Any thoughts or should I just return it?