1G micro sd on my laptop

I purchased a 1G micro SD card for my Samsung Blackjack and it works fine, but when I insert it in my laptop wit the little adapter, the computer won't even read it.  It says: "E:/ is not accessible.  The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".   My laptop uses windows vista...any help?:smileymad:

Re: 1G micro sd on my laptop

I would assume either the adapter is bad or the card reader is bad.  You can check the card reader in your laptop by using another full size SD card, if you have one.  If it works, it might be a bad adapter.

Check if you card reader is comaptible with Windows Vista or try with other reader.

i also purchased a sandisk 1gb card at walmart, and my dell inspiron 1720 will not read it...i also have another memory card for my camera and it works fine. everytime i insert the sandisk card my computer tells me that it is installing the driver, but never does. i think this is problem with a compatibility issue. i also use windows vista. can someone please tell me how to get the drivers for this card?

@dougmaxwell2003 wrote:
i also purchased a sandisk 1gb card at walmart, and my dell inspiron 1720 will not read it...i also have another memory card for my camera and it works fine. everytime i insert the sandisk card my computer tells me that it is installing the driver, but never does. i think this is problem with a compatibility issue. i also use windows vista. can someone please tell me how to get the drivers for this card?

The drivers for the card are native to the OS...what kind of adapter are you using with this card?

@dougmaxwell2003 wrote:

I'm leaning towards it may be a bad card reader. If you've tried two different cards in the reader and neither works that's a pretty clear sign. Especially when the cards work fine in other devices. Did your laptop come with Vista installed or is it something you recently installed. If it's an upgrade it's possible the card reader is incompatible with Vista. Check with dell to see if they have a driver update for your card reader that is compatible with Vista.

he said that his camera memory card works fine, and i tend to aggree with compatibility issues, i also use windows vista, and i have just bought my 1g sd card, when using the adapter i can get the card to read, but it says my disk is write-protected