motorola krzr 1gb memory card

I just got a krzr this week and a memory card with it. I origionaly got a 2gb card. I put the card in with the phone off, then formatted the card. If I take a picture on the memory card as the stotage device, it will take the picture, but when I go to look at the picture it will  not bring up the pictures. I then go to the memory status of the memory card and it tells me the card is full. I then power the phone off then on and the memory looks normal, but when i go in to look at the picture it show a picture there, but it tells me the file is corrupt.

First i called the customer service for motorola and the guy told me it was either a virus, or I would have to do a system reset (which clears out all settings) and that didnt work then i tried a system clear( which sets all setting to factory). After that I could take a picture using the memory card as storage, but I could not transfer a file from the phone memory to the memory card memory.

I went into the cell phone provider today and tried to figure it out, I put the memory card in a new phone and id did the same thing. Then we tried a new 2gb memory card in both my phone and the new phone and it was the same thing. Then she tried to to a flex software update on my phone and still nothing. She called over to a different store and was told that eventhough the manual says the phone will take a 2gb memory card that you can only put a 1gb card in. So then we put a 1gb card in and all started working fine.

I had the same problem if i was working with a song in the mp3 format as well.

When i got home, i tried to put a song on from my computer with the data cable i got with the phone and i would not go through, and now i am in the exact same shape as I was with the origional 2gb card with pictures of mp3 files.

I am out of options to try, not sure if i need to do something special to get files to go onto the card, or if the phone has a problem.

Thanks, Steve

Re: motorola krzr 1gb memory card

try using the card with the computer not connected to your phone. if the card works normally the issue is with the phone.
Highlighted

Re: motorola krzr 1gb memory card

I wasn't aware that you could get a virus on a phone, especially a phone that you've only had for a week. Sounds like you need to talk to somebody higher up at motorola.

@ugene4020 wrote:

First i called the customer service for motorola and the guy told me it was either a virus, or I would have to do a system reset (which clears out all settings) and that didnt work then i tried a system clear( which sets all setting to factory). After that I could take a picture using the memory card as storage, but I could not transfer a file from the phone memory to the memory card memory.