Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SD 1 GB Memory card

I bought my first digital camera , a Limited Label Icon2800 and a SD 1GB card. 
I read in the manual for the camera that I should format the card before
use it the first time.

The camera didn't show any option for formatting the card and I searched on the
web for info. Found some that suggesting to format from the computer, so I did that.
First formatted FAT 32. Didn't work on the cam
Formatted again with FAT, didn't work

When I insert the card in the cam it takes a long time before anything happens, then
I get the error: Card error. and sometimes: Card full

I still can't format the card in the camera

Tried another (same type of card Sandisk SD 1GB)  and that card worked from start.

Is the first card damaged because I formatted it on the computer? (with Windows XP)

Thankful for help and suggestions

Re: SD 1 GB Memory card

You did not damage the card by formatting on Windows XP.  You might just have a bad card.  I would try calling SanDIsk Tech Support and let them troubleshoot it if you have not done that already.

Thank you for your answer!

Phew, good to know I didn't damage the card. Never used anyone before and I was feeling a bit stupid :smileywink:

I'm having so much fun with the cam taking pictures of my grandchild, and with a new little grandchild arriving any day now
I'm sure going to have use for the memory-cards :smileyhappy:

I've never heard of that type of camera, do they have a website or any specs online?

@Iz wrote:
I bought my first digital camera , a Limited Label Icon2800 and a SD 1GB card. 
I read in the manual for the camera that I should format the card before
use it the first time.

It's a store here in Sweden that sell it as it's own brand (Limited Label).

From what I found searching about it it's made in China by GZ JinNuo Seric Electronic Co Ltd.

I't not a superduper-cam. I bought it because they sold it half price as a christmas-deal..only 92 US$ :smileywink:

Found only this picture online, isn't exactly the same as mine which is 8Mpixel.

http://dator.computercity.se/Digitalkamera/Limited-Label-ICON-250

I'm satisfied with the cam and I already have loads of beautiful pictures of my grandkids :smileyhappy:

Sorry for the late answer.