Accepted Solution

2GB SD card format

I have just bought a Sandisk 2gb card and tried to use it with my PC and also my TomTom GO.

I get a message on the PC - Disk not formatted, do you wish to format now?

When I click yes, I get a message - Unable to fgormat disk.

Currently using Windows XP SP2

Any clues about how to proceed?

Re: 2GB SD card format

Try to format the card on disk management.. right click my computer icon then click manage then on computer management window click on disk management then right click on the removable disk  then click on format.. if same issue occurs. you got a bad card....

Hello
I have the same problem with a 1GB disk, no 'removable disk' or similar option is available...my camera can't format the disk either even though the disk is brand new...my laptop doesn't recognise it, any more help appreciated

One thing to check--are you connecting your cards to an internal reader on your laptop?  If so, you'll want to make shure that reader can read up to 2GB capacity cards...

i just bought the 2GB and my does not even acknowledge the thing i've looked every where and its not working...please help

Thank yoiu for the instructions. Seems the disk is currently formatting. I actually have 2 new 4 gig disks that wouldn't work in my camera nor my puter. Thanks again.

Missy