SanDisk Extreme Firewire reader

Works on firewire 400 interface but not on firewire 800 interface.

On firewire 800 the device is recognized, the card is recognized and assigned a drive letter but nothing on the card is accessible.  When trying to access files on the card using the firewire 800 interface I get an I/O error.  I don't see any drivers available for this device.

Using Windows XP; SP2
Reader is model # SDDRX4 - CF

Any suggestions for how to get this device to work?

Re: SanDisk Extreme Firewire reader

Sounds like a controller issue on your FireWire 800 board.  There are no drivers, they are built into Windows.  I would see if there is any updated software for your FireWire controller, though.

can't find the beganning of this thread nor a way to post a fresh msg.

my recently purchased extreme firewire reader (for my macbook pro 17") will NOT WORK on my fw400 port, tho everything else does; external hd etc...

the fw800 works fine...

but for the money i'd rather have both cables working... since there is no usb2 connection with this expensive card reader...

has anyone had a similar problem? i got this device on recommendations all over the internet - principly used to move large camera raw image files to my mbp...

this product is only HALF a product due to the faulty fw400 cable or reader...

any solutions would be welcome...

thanks,

tws

It won't work on a Firewire 400 port since 400 port does not have power. Only devices that had it's own power will work on this port. The 400 cable is if you have a special adapter for firewire. Your reader is 100% working.

Wrong. Why are you posting this incorrect information in every thread?

Firewire 400 (1394a) can supply power using a 6-pin cable.

The 4-pin cables do not however.

The 6-pin / 6-circuit adds power output. Ok?